Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

I FIXED IT Viper 5900 RS FYI XK05 Bypass!! *Must Read*

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I FIXED IT Viper 5900 RS FYI XK05 Bypass!! *Must Read*

I FIX IT!! I FIXED IT!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Hours 25 min later and i isolated the problem to what i though 9 hours ago, the XK05!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO

I still give 90% credit to Quality Auto sound for wiring the other 150 wires correctly but just two LOUSY wires took a nice remote start system and turned into junk.

Now as you all know, the tc is in need of a Bypass module. Now i've been going thru every single wire, checking tack voltage (was working correctly) diagnostic (came back ok) simply enough anything doing with the Remote start/security system, was 100% working and it was starting the car but testing the immobilizer, it seemed to be working, LED would come back as programmed etc, voltage and all wires were normal and sending data. But at 3:00AM, i was 1 minture from giving up and now looking at the 50th page of a variety of wire diagrams, i noticed the White/Purple wire, and the Purple wire to send data to the ecu confirming bypass.

From the diagrams
http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument...documentid=556

and then looking at the wires, i noticed a little inconsistency with the wiring of these two very important data wires.

To put it simple, the input was put on the output wire and the output wire was put on the input. Simple mistake of reversed wires.

Complicated side for the techs, on the diagram, you'll see the Key Side Data (Violet/White) wire, that was connected to the ECU/ECM. and the Violet wire was supposed to be connected to the ECM but was connected to the key side.

There for sending the data the wrong way. LOL

At the times i was scared to cut them and switch them. Sweating, nervous, and very tired.
So i just simple cut them, stripped the tips and twisted them together the way the diagram says, didn't even put connectors on yet (didn't know if i have to wire them back the way they were before)

Said a short prayer.

Hit the XK05 program button, LED went off signaling it programmed, Car started with key, 5900 learned the tack within 1 second LOL. Ran car for 30 seconds. Turned car off.

Hit the nice star key twice, Remote start initiated.........

Engine cranks!

STARTS,

1, 1000
2, 1000
3, 1000
4, 1000
5, 1000
6, 1000
7, 1000
8, 1000
9, 1000

And after 9 seconds and then the next 20 minutes were the times turned off the engine, i concluded i found the problem and fixed it.

I DANCED, and Danced, and woke up everyone in the house LOL

Then i spent the next hour splicing on connectors, etc, and made sure everything was secure and wouldn't short out down to electrical code, etc.

Found out very quickly nickel connector CREATE a ton of resistance for 3 volts of data and quickly made the XK05 from not learning they key. This was a quick fix of twist on Copper clamp.

Now it's 4:43 AM, My car has been in the shop and getting worked on for 19 hours and i'm going to bed and oh, i don't work tomorrow, WOOHOO and sleep.

Good NIGHT!!! WOOHOOOO

Code:
Ok, i had the viper 5900 installed by Quality Auto sound.

Now the tech simply didn't trouble shoot it cause it was 7PM and wanted to go home. 

This is what happens.

The Security Part WORKS Beautifully. 

The remote start, AHHHHH

When i press the remote start, everything turns on, engine then crank, starts up for half a second then shuts down. The 5900 attempts 3 times then it gives up. 

Now, it seems like the Engine starts and runs for half a second to a second and then simply shuts off. Starter motor shuts off when it starts up so it know the engine started.  I also did tach relearn too. 

Now i'm looking into the OBDII tach connector via this thread i found. 

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ght=viper+5900

Please help!!!  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:
Old 08-02-2008, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump