Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

I need my horn! (What quick release, short hub setup to keep horn)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I need my horn! (What quick release, short hub setup to keep horn)

Which setup are you guys running? Ive read that the momo hub sticks out too far to the driver. I want something that lets me keep my horn, I dont mind not having airbags or the airbag light always on, but I need my horn. Im pretty set on an NRG quick release and I'll pick out a steering wheel, but the hub is where I'm having mixed feelings. I think the Works Bell hub does let you keep your horn but Im confused because Im not sure if they fit with the NRG quick release. Help me out guys! Ive read on many forums, some people have their horns and some are hornless. Again, I just need my horn, dnt really care about turn signals, no cruise control, airbag light.. just want my horn. Some of the threads on this are kinda old so Im looking for fresh answers. Thanks guys.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i had to buy an 'air horn' and hooked it to a toggle switch to have my horn with my quick release
Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm running no horn. I have the NRG setup. Impossible with stock. I would say get an air horn as well...
Old 05-07-2012, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GQQSE13
i had to buy an 'air horn' and hooked it to a toggle switch to have my horn with my quick release
Sounds like a good idea. But doesnt it sound like you're driving a clown car? lol And where exactly did you place the horn at? I wouldnt want it to be seen. And I've aldo read around that you can just ground your stock horn to any metal cus the nrg hub brings the wires to make the connection.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

yea it does lol. get made fun of it but its saved my **** a couple times. i hid the horn behind the bumper passenger side (you can barely see it through the left corner of the upper grill...i need to pull it and painted it black so its completely unseen.) then my toggle switch is just where the place was for the oem/aftermarket fog switch

and the part of using the metal parts of the nrg hub i'm not sure how they got it to connect to it as i looked at the connection when i put in my nrg and couldnt figure out a way for it (if you figure out a way that it actually does let me know)
Old 05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol well at least I'll be heard with the air horn haha. Yea I'll try to figure it out once I install it.