First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Keyless Entry remote keychain thingie

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Keyless Entry remote keychain thingie

Quick question for anyone and everyone...I just got back from a test drive of the xB (which, btw, I was VERY please with the feel of) and I was told by the dealer dude that those color keyless entry keychains (the ones that come in gray, white, blue, and red) are only available with the xA, not the xB. Is this true? Anyone heard this? The one he had/used on the xB I drove was just a plain, vanilla, dark plastic remote...please someone dispell my fears...I want a blue controller thingie!
Old 12-16-2003, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a xB and it came with the black one. i wanted the blue one too. im sure if you wanted the dealer could sell you one. im not sure though.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

The dealers will only give you a set of black color keyless entry. I know that you can purchase the color shells for about $14-$20+ dollars. Thats my guess. Make sure that you do recieve two keyless remotes. The first Scion XB's here in California was only given one keyless entry in the begining. Then they have sent out a coupon to the earlier Scion XB owners to recieve the 2-nd keyless entry. So if you have recieved 2 keyless entry from the begining you are lucky. Enjoy your Scion XB!
Old 12-16-2003, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scionjohn - do the dealers sell the keychain shells or are these aftermarket parts? And if they are indeed aftermarket, where could I purchase them from? Thanks!

azn1 - dang...oh well thanks! hehe I guess my fears have been confirmed....bummer.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the dealer sales the colored remote covers. and you get 2 remotes when you buy an xa or xb.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

so the early XBs only came with one remote?? im from florida and when i got my XB in august they said they lost my other remote... so ive been giving them hell for it for nothing!!! well, geez, it still sux that i only have one remote but yeh... theyre trying to get me another one...thanx for the info dude
Old 12-16-2003, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WaxFondler
so the early XBs only came with one remote?? im from florida and when i got my XB in august they said they lost my other remote... so ive been giving them hell for it for nothing!!! well, geez, it still sux that i only have one remote but yeh... theyre trying to get me another one...thanx for the info dude
it came with one remote but everyone who only got one got a letter saying that they can get another for free. i have the letter and i just have to show it to the dealer and they will give mee another one. just to lazy to go to the dealer and pick it up.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i think the original question was: can you buy the clear keychain cover for the xB remote.

the answer is: yes. both remotes are the same. if the dealer is stupid enough not to sell you the cover, then you can get them on ebay for a good price. hope this helped.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eric m.
i think the original question was: can you buy the clear keychain cover for the xB remote.

the answer is: yes. both remotes are the same. if the dealer is stupid enough not to sell you the cover, then you can get them on ebay for a good price. hope this helped.
yeah it was concerning those clear ones with the color underneath (white, gray, blue, and red). Anyway, thanks, eric! I appreciate it. And thanks everyone else for your help as well!
Old 12-19-2003, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

When I bought my XB, I went to the parts dept. there and bought a blue colored shell to change the color of my keyless chain. The sales guy tried to replace the cover and it didn't fit. The parts people tried to change the cover and it didn't fit. They looked itup in the parts manuels they have and it noted that the colored covers will only fit the XA keyless keychain.

I thought that royally suxed. plus it was also cheezy that only the top portion of the cover can be changed. the bottom part with the panic buttom must stay black.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DirtyThirty
When I bought my XB, I went to the parts dept. there and bought a blue colored shell to change the color of my keyless chain. The sales guy tried to replace the cover and it didn't fit. The parts people tried to change the cover and it didn't fit. They looked itup in the parts manuels they have and it noted that the colored covers will only fit the XA keyless keychain.

I thought that royally suxed. plus it was also cheezy that only the top portion of the cover can be changed. the bottom part with the panic buttom must stay black.
Man...this DOES suck...hmmmmmm...was the only thing blocking it from fitting the panic button on the back? If so maybe the colored cover can be drilled out a bit for it fit.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Nah, the cover to the key chain won't snap on. You can close it but it will pop open if you hit it somewhere or drop it on a desk.It seemed like the guts were to big to fit the cover. I don't know why that is cuse the keyless entry seems to be identical on the XA andXB.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang it... And I really wanted the blue controller...heck I just want my xB!! I'm dying here, scion! HURRY UP FEBRUARY!!

hehe Anywho, thanks dirtythirty!
Old 07-23-2004, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I went and tried to get the same thing at the dealer and the parts guy said they had some issues with the covers fitting some xB remotes. On mine it wouldn't fit at all but the guy said they changed the remotes on the xB so some work and some don't. I don't understand why they didn't make a back cover to go with the front, it probably would have thrown off the profit margin. My keys are in my pocket most of the time anyways but it would have been nice to have a different color.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That I know of, yes you can get them from the parts dept., but then again like everyone is saying you can run into the "it won't fit issue". The ways that I've seen them done is when you order your vehicle with the scion security upgrade, then you automatically get a color to match you exterior paint,.dark colors dark fob, light colors light fob, etc..But I would imagine that they are working on getting that issue fixed hopefully sooner than later.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is what you need...you can get ice,blue, or red...18 bucks...
http://scionsport.com/store/product_...bdc29849cbf4fa
Old 07-25-2004, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got 2 black ones. Saw a light blue, red and clear one at the Scion store. Not sure if it was for the xA or xB.

Was thinking about an alarm system that has a keyless start button thingy. What brands are there? Price range? Safe for the car?