Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Mount Eclipse Backup Camera where Scion rear Emblem is?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mount Eclipse Backup Camera where Scion rear Emblem is?

Ok I was thinking, I want to get the Eclipse backup camera, as I find the tC very hard to see around when backing in spots or knowing whats behind me

...but where am I going to mount it? Well I got to thinking...It would be pretty awesome if you could mount it in the little panel the scion emblem is at...That panel is removable, so it would be pretty easy...

Just take the scion emblem off, take the panel out, prep it, measure, cut, seal it in, and weather proof it, paint it...then you'd have a perfect backup location that has a higher view...

What all would be involed in this...As I dont know much with body work...but I am sure I could learn something as small as this......

Wonder if there would be a way to mount it in a rubber waterproof housing and would maybe even allow adjustment if needed...

If I get some time I may look into this...whats your input? I just hate that the camera is $250! And the other downside is....say you sell your unit and the cam no longer works, or is compatible w/ the new one...