Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need some ideas on sub/amp combo!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need some ideas on sub/amp combo!

System so far:

Alpine W505

Overall impressed. Very nive easy to use interfaces....one thing i hate about it is the fact that if you change songs to fast when using your Ipod, It doesnt display the correct name of the song currently playing. Until it finishes that song. the next one displayed is correct.

I would drop the specs in here but there is an aweful lot of them! Its Max Power Output: 50W x 4

Speakers

Put some Alpines in there, but cant remember what they actually are. (Type R of some variation) Same size and stuff. I am open to changing things

Box ideas

At this point im stuck with my ideas. I can go to the Volcano style (removing the spare) or just do the plush with the subs in a box ( again removing the spare)

Some of the Pics with the volcanos look awesome, but what type of subs would work much better with the music i listen to ( Atreyu, All the Remains, Unearthed, Incubus things of that nature)

Amps

Open for suggestions!!!! Any and all will be looked into i promise!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been through 7 sets of subs, never being happy with any of them because they never had the right sound i wanted. I listen to some rap and hiphop, but most of the time, its atreyu, parkway drive, attack attack, korn, you know.. the good stuff.

I finally came upon the company Fi.

All i can say is:

I purchased the Fi Q 12" dual 2 ohm, and the body panels of the car shake when i listen to A skylit Drive... the visors hold on for dear life when i listen to parkway drive. All from 1200watts, 1.8 cuft ported @ 32hz, tucked away in the right side of my car.

If you looking for saving your spare, but want a ____ ton of space, do the same setup I have.

Ficaraudio.com

I promise you will not be disappointed...

If you do not care about your spare, get 2 of them.. hell, go for 2 15's. whatever you want. But the Fi Q is built around sound quality, and damn it goes loud but sounds amazing at the same time.

if you need any more advice, lemme know.. I know quite a bit.

Fi.. inFinitely Amazing.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have two wimpy RF 10s pushed by a 300w RF amp and the body panels shake on mine too..pssht and there even in a sealed box!

Originally Posted by AngHellicTc
I have been through 7 sets of subs, never being happy with any of them because they never had the right sound i wanted. I listen to some rap and hiphop, but most of the time, its atreyu, parkway drive, attack attack, korn, you know.. the good stuff.

All i can say is:

I purchased the Fi Q 12" dual 2 ohm, and the body panels of the car shake when i listen to A skylit Drive... the visors hold on for dear life when i listen to parkway drive. All from 1200watts, 1.8 cuft ported @ 32hz, tucked away in the right side of my car.

If you looking for saving your spare, but want a ____ ton of space, do the same setup I have.

Ficaraudio.com

If you do not care about your spare, get 2 of them.. hell, go for 2 15's. whatever you want. But the Fi Q is built around sound quality, and damn it goes loud but sounds amazing at the same time.

Fi.. inFinitely Amazing.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AngHellicTc

All i can say is:

Ficaraudio.com

Fi.. inFinitely Amazing.
Not worried about the spare . I am looking for a 2 sub setup and its gotta be atleast not the norm you know. I think the square boxes are ugly . At least with it underneath everything you cant see it.

When you had the boxes built (or did yourself) did you have them measured for the best sound? I know there is a lot of math involved and i suck with math

How did u decide which speakers and amp to use? is there a trick to it or just play around till you find what you like?

I checked out the website looks cool