Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

problems after alarm install!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default problems after alarm install!!!!

well i went to a shop down the street from my work here in temple city ,california (next to LA well they finished every thing but the remote start they said they will finish it today well my head lights dont turn on my gas gage says its empty but its not it full!!! and my check engine light just turned on i was like WTF! is happining is this normal these people are certified pros to install these product ohh and i bought the avital alarm system they said its made by viper dose any body know of this brand give me some comments on this plzzz what do u guys and girls think what would you do?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: problems after alarm install!!!!

Originally Posted by hashmanson76
is this normal
Nope.

I'd be taking it back telling them to fix it or remove (at no charge to you).
Old 04-05-2006, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not trying to bag on you but u should of did more research on the shop and the alarm you bought. this is what happens with inexperienced installers. Anyhow, you should go back and have a talk with the manager about what happened. If i were you
1. get a refund and get the hell out of there
2. do some research on what alarm you want (anything from directed)
3. go to a decent shop (good installers) buy it from there and have them install it.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Makaveli
not trying to bag on you but u should of did more research on the shop and alarm you bought. this is what happens with inexperienced installers. Anyhow, you should go back and have a talk with the manager about what happened.
i understand you man but i was refered to this shop by some good friends the thing is the remote start is not hook up yet i think thats why i am having all these problems they are gonna hook it up in 1 more hour i need to take it back i appreciate your comments thow
Old 04-05-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nvm, but it sounded to me like they f*cked up your car. so everything is the way it should be right?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well right now yea ita all ____ed up gas gage is on R lol(aka E) and my check engine light went on and is still on and my head lights dont turn on do u think the reason of all this is cause the start remote is not on?
Old 04-06-2006, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they must have really chewed up some wiring under your dash trying to get the right wires...i can feel your pain
Old 04-06-2006, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so whatever happend?
Old 04-06-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok you were right xnevergivein they did unplug my wires so thats all taken care of what they told me is they have to have a spare key so they can finish the install so im gonna take it back 2day once again remember i have a manuel tranny so they said it was a little hard to hook up i dont know if thats true but thats what he said
Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hashmanson76
ok you were right xnevergivein they did unplug my wires so thats all taken care of what they told me is they have to have a spare key so they can finish the install so im gonna take it back 2day once again remember i have a manuel tranny so they said it was a little hard to hook up i dont know if thats true but thats what he said
that shop is really low quality. a manual car requires a clutch switch bypass, which is nothing more than a relay. unless you go the full route to hook up a system where you have to have your ebrake up and have to had pressed a button allowing it to remote start next time you want to remote start...but that only requires 2 additional relays.

also, a word of advice, some people take the spare key they use for the transponder bypass and cut off the blade, this is because you essentially have a working key to start the car, just slightly hidden under the dash...kinda risky. if the blade is cut off, you can't start the car with that key...unless you had lots of time of your hand and figured out how to rewire a lot of stuff under the dash. - that is still possible
Old 04-07-2006, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

First of all, Avital is made by Directed Electronics, its is a good quality alarm, though I personally like the looks and features of Viper (also made by directed).

It sounds to me like you're problem may be very simple. I have done alarms on cars where I had to unplug the ECM or other computer modules. I remember a Nissan Titan in particular that when I was done with it, the gas gauge said empty but the customer had just filled it before they brought it to me. After checking my connections and all, I realized that I had unplugged the ECM at one point during the installation. So, I unhooked the battery from the car, let it sit about 5 minutes and plugged it back in and everything worked like a dream. It just needed to be reset.

I'm not saying that this is def going to fix your car, but it very well may be your problem. If they unplugged something then plugged it back in, you may just need to reset it.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok well im just updating this everything is all good with my TC it was a plug that was not put back to place my remote starts good my gages work ohh and i got the 4400 modle of AVITAL i think this system is all in all a good product from what i hear it is not safe to hook this remote start on to a manuel tranny i guess cause of the car being in gear , well i never leave it in gear so all is good working fine thanks for you answers