Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Removing the air conditioning vents in my tC

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Removing the air conditioning vents in my tC

Basically I'm going to be slightly moding my car with some neons on the interior. I'm going with orange, 12 inch neons for by the pedals.

The part that I'm having trouble with is in my air conditioning vent. I'm going to take orange LEDs and place them in the vent, so when my lights are on my air conditioning vent will obviously glow orange.

My friend did it to his eclipes, and his vents simply pull out, but I'm not sure how my Scion's vents come out. If anyone knows, or know a place I could find out, or would like to expirement to figure out, I would be greatly happy.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

search the tech articles i'm pretty sure there's a write up in there somewhere anyways if you can't find it then just use a microfiber clothe and flat head to pop out the vents
Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 PM

I been searching around, and I've read a few, for the most part it seems like everyone is saying that you have to dismantle the dash... For the love of god I hope not. If anyone could give me a good walkthough, or a link, I would be greatly obliged. I understand that it has been spoke of before but I'm having a really hard time finding a easy to follow instruction.

I just found this, can anyone confirm if this works?

they both pop out from behind, pop out the switch plate on the drivers side (pull the little peice of the dash below it off, the push out from behind), stick ur hand in there and push.... open glovebox on passengers side, stick ur hand in the little crack between the top of the glovebox and the dash, and push.... ur done
Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the vent faces do just pop off. be careful not to break the clips. if you want the ducts though, you'll have to remove the dash.