Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Speaker wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Speaker wiring help

I have 2 amps, 1 for my subs and 1 for my mids and highs. My question is how to wire the front door speakers and tweeters and the rear speakers to the amp. I can figure out how to wire my subs to the sub amp, but I need help with wiring a cap in the system. Also, all of thr LEDS on my custom box need power also. How do I hook up the + and - from the LED wires. I already wired all the LED's together into one + and one -. Please help me out with this confusion.
Thanks
Old 02-15-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Speaker wiring help

Originally Posted by sciontc03
I have 2 amps, 1 for my subs and 1 for my mids and highs. My question is how to wire the front door speakers and tweeters and the rear speakers to the amp. I can figure out how to wire my subs to the sub amp, but I need help with wiring a cap in the system. Also, all of thr LEDS on my custom box need power also. How do I hook up the + and - from the LED wires. I already wired all the LED's together into one + and one -. Please help me out with this confusion.
Thanks
to wire the door and rear speakers you first need to run rca cables to the amp then run conductor wire (we use a 9 wire cable and the 9th wire we use for the remote turn on ) from the amp up to the factory wiring harness and make your connections there so you wont need to run new wire to each speaker.
for the cap you can run your power wire from the battery straight to the + terminal on the cap first , then branch off of the cap with the other 2 wires for your amp to save time and wire when you run your ground for your cap do the thing as you did with the power wires by branching off the - terminal to run the ground wire to the amp and dont forget to run the - wire from the cap to a good ground spot on the vechile
for your leds you can get your power from the remote wire and the ground from the amp
hope this helps