Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

where did you mount your XM/Sirus/GPS antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by ScionSteve66
Originally Posted by Shadows_Fall_xX
mine comes out of a slot near my rear view barely noticeable!
You mounted the antenna before you hooked up the tuner?
no its just future pre approved plans for next week lol
Old 05-04-2007, 04:29 PM

I ran mine back to the trunk. Under the wheel there are two little plastic circle coverings. I took one out and ran the wire through there. Then, took the magnet receiver and stuck it under the car. Worked great Ill post pics tonight.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i ran my sirius down the whole left side of the car and then out the hatch. it's sitting right up next to the glass. i put my gps antenna in the drivers side a-pillar. never had a problem with either of them in their current locations. i used to have my sirius antenna on the dash but it never worked properly. it would always drop out. so i moved it to the glass behind the rear view and it didn't get any better. finally moved it to the back
Old 05-05-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mantra
I ran mine back to the trunk. Under the wheel there are two little plastic circle coverings. I took one out and ran the wire through there. Then, took the magnet receiver and stuck it under the car. Worked great Ill post pics tonight.
Under the car? Can't wait to see this. Get a shot of the plastic circle too. I hate having my antenna just stuck on my hatch. I work downtown and cars get vandalized all the time. Anything hanging off the car is fair game...
Old 05-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by ScionSteve66
Originally Posted by Mantra
Under the car? Can't wait to see this. Get a shot of the plastic circle too. I hate having my antenna just stuck on my hatch. I work downtown and cars get vandalized all the time. Anything hanging off the car is fair game...
Well, I'll have to post it tomorrow. It's dark out now and I need to get my drink on
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM

Default Sirus Radio Info Please

Ok wife has a 2012 TC with the dealer upgraded radio. The radio shows where it has a section for Sirus. Bear with me as I am ignorant of this whole Sirus radio deal. Do I have to buy a separate receiver for the Sirus and hook it into the stock radio? Also any suggestions as to where to place the anttena? I have heard that under the passenger seat there is a plug in for the Sirua, any truth to that. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Goshawk
Ok wife has a 2012 TC with the dealer upgraded radio. The radio shows where it has a section for Sirus. Bear with me as I am ignorant of this whole Sirus radio deal. Do I have to buy a separate receiver for the Sirus and hook it into the stock radio? Also any suggestions as to where to place the anttena? I have heard that under the passenger seat there is a plug in for the Sirua, any truth to that. Any and all help would be appreciated.
The OEM radio is satellite capable, which means once you buy a satellite tuner you can use it.
You need to buy a tuner and receiver. The Sirius ones are almost impossible to find except at the dealer for like $300. For Sirius you need a Sirius SCC1 Receiver and TOYSC1 (you can also search for a SIRTOY1) tuner.
I got lucky and found a used setup (SCC1 and tuner and reciever with all wiring) on e-bay that I won for $45.
With Sirius, I think there is a setup that can use a portable Sirius tuner (still requires the SCC1).

Not sure what is needed for XM, but I am sure it is similar.

No idea on the antenna, I have an xB that I put the antenna under the dash with no issues.