Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

WIRE YOUR MOON ROOF TO YOUR ALARM

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WIRE YOUR MOON ROOF TO YOUR ALARM

IT WASNT EASY BUT I MANAGED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET MY MOON ROOF TO OPEN AND CLOSE WITH MY PYTHON 990. I THINK I SPENT SOMETHING LIKE 2 DAYS OR SO TRYING TO CRACK THIS RIDDLE. FOR STARTERS, I SPENT SOME TIME FIGURING OUT HOW THE MOON ROOF OPENS AND CLOSES. I TOOK THE OVERHEAD SWITCHES DOWN AND INTIFIED THE CHARACTERISTICS OF EACH WIRE.

as always, use this information at your risk. this post is for educational purposes only and therefore i will not be held liable for any damage you might cause. i recommend professional installation to minimize the potential of error.

with that said, it's been a year since i installed this and this is wut i found....

THERE ARE SEVEN WIRES IN THE HARNESS THAT PLUGS INTO THE MOON ROOF'S SOLENIOD.
CHARACTERISTICS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

GREEN +12 VOLTS
WHITE (-) TRIGGER TO CLOSE MOON ROOF
PINK REGISTERS LOW VOLTAGE AND RESISTANCE (DATA WIRE)
ORANGE IGNITION WIRE
BLACK (-) TRIGGER TO OPEN MOON ROOF
YELLOW IGNITION WIRE WITH 30 SECOND DELAY
WHITE/BLACK GROUND

NOTES:
AS YOU MAY ALREADY KNOW, YOU CAN ONLY OPEN/CLOSE YOUR MOONROOF WHEN THE KEY IS IN THE IGNITION. AND IF YOU TURN OFF YOUR CAR, YOU ONLY HAVE THIRTY SECONDS TO CLOSE ALL YOUR WINDOWS BEFORE OPENING YOUR DOOR. IF THE MOONROOF IS OPEN ALL THE WAY, IT COMES TO A STOP ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH. AT THIS POINT YOU GOTTA RELEASE THE SWITCH AND HOLD ONCE MORE FOR IT TO CLOSE ALL THE WAY. MIMICKING ALL THIS WAS THE TRICKY PART.

I WILL TRY AND LOAD SOME PICTURES AND CONTINUE WITH MORE INFORMATION. THIS IS MY FIRST TUTORIAL SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME....

alright guys, i made some images to kinda make it easier to explain. you can only do this if you have an aftermarket alarm with two extra channels, otherwise you cannot do it. as of now, i don't know of a way to get that to work with the factory remote. sorry. but for all you wiring guru's out there... this is the simple way of doing it. Using this method will allow you to control the moonroof with your remote only. you'll need to program the channels on the alarm to be on validity mode. meaning that you'll need to hold the buttons down on your remote until you have completely opened or closed the roof. the cool thing is that you will have complete control over how much you want it open or how much you want it closed. in case you just want to crack it open a bit or have it retracted fully.

If you want to setup your moonroof to close automatically when you hit lock on the remote, you will need to get a timer. i used a tr7 by PAC Audio. I will show you how to set that up aswell but be patient while i draw up some schematics. thanks.

i have my car set up so that it closes automatically when i arm my alarm and i can open it by using the validity method.

... here's the schematics and a picture of my car

so you'll need to invest on a tr7 by pac audio. You can find them online for about $30 shipped. Programing this thing can be a real pain if you've never dealt with these things before. I think the hardest thing of the whole install was figuring out how to program the damn thing. I find it relatively easy now but reading through the instructions can be a bit confusing... actually reading through this post might be a bit confusing but if you make it through this you'll be well off!!

There's also a little change in the way you set up your alarm. You'll need to program a channel (in my case it was channel 5) on your alarm to be on timer mode rather than validity. Set it up for 10 seconds and have it linked with arm so that it turns on automatically when you arm your car (this sends the signal to the tr7 to activate, and therefore automatically closing your moonroof). These features can be accessed by using a bitwriter on any DEI alarm (viper, python, clifford, hornet, ect..).

here's a chart that comes within the tr7's manual. i'll have more intructions coming soon.

to be continued.. i got few more pics, feel free to ask questions if you feel lost.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please... turn your CAPS lock off. Not only is it annoying, but it is actually one of the forum rules. This is kind of your "unofficial notice."
Old 03-01-2009, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

what year is your car, not all tC's are wired the same so some MAY very...
Old 03-01-2009, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so can u wire it up with the factory keyless? That would be helpful
Old 03-01-2009, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a 2007 tc by the way. im sorry if i offended any one with my caps, like i said this is my first tuturial post and i had no clue that it was considered yelling, thanx. i got some pics to load but i've never figured out how to post them on a forum. i got them on photobucket so far... let me figure that out and i'll keep you posted. thanks.[/img]
Old 03-01-2009, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now if you can figure out how to make the car come to you on command.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

All you do is whistle works for me ^^
Old 03-01-2009, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In. Did you use a timer module to count from full-open to first pause? Like a 5 sec and another 5 sec?
Old 03-01-2009, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joyride
All you do is whistle works for me ^^
never works for me
Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching