Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

XM satellite radio question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Jen
5 Year Member

Default XM satellite radio question...

Okay, yes first off I am new and did register to ask this question. Anyway, I was going to go activate the XM radio. It says to find your radio's ID tune the radio to station 000. I go in my car, turn it on and go to tune the radio to channel 000...no channel 000. This may be the dumbest question ever, seriously , but am I completely missing something?????

Also, I remember when I test drove a scion and was kind of just messing around with the buttons and hit some button that gave me the option to change the color on the radio. Is that in all scion's or just certain ones?

Oh I have the tC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated b/c I have honestly lost patience trying to figure it out myself. I just got this car and honestly was told nothing about it as far as those types of things go.

Thanks!

Jen
Old 11-12-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you look in the Radio manual that came with your owner's manual it talks about xm specifically so that should help you find the radio id. Its a separate book so dont look in the owner's manual specifically. I just checked mine and it says that you should just be able to change the channel to 00 and the display switches between saying RADIO ID and the id consisting of numbers and letters

As far as the color goes that comes with buying the optional radio that allows for direct ipod connection that allows you to control it directly through the headunit. Theres a button on it that says color and you can change the screen color. If you want that you can just go to your dealer and get the radio i dont remeber what the price of it is atleast 250$

Hope that helps if not just take it in to your dealer and they should be able to help you out.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Jen
5 Year Member

Awesome. Thanks. I am going to go try it again!!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Jen
5 Year Member

Yeah so i am guessing mine is screwed up b/c I tuned the thing up down am fm 1 and2 and no channel 00 came up
Old 11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there should be a sat button on the face i believe its the same button as the am button. I have the optional radio and cant remeber if the buttons were the same but they should. If you press the button that says sat and the display doesnt say sat 1 2 or 3 when you press it you dont have a sat radio installed and if you should go to the dealer. You have to be in Sat 1 2 or 3 to get to channel 0 for the id
Old 11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Jen
5 Year Member

Yeah I tried pressing that and nothing did come up. I guess I am going to have to go to the dealer b/c it definitely should have the satellite radio. What a pain in the a**. I tend to buy cars that have some issue with them all the time!!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member

Unless you had XM installed when you bought the car chances are you do not have it. It says XM ready but needs a tuner and antenna kit. It is 400 some odd dollars to get it installed at the dealer. Unless you have the kit installed you will not be able to tune to XM
Old 11-13-2006, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Yeah the radio is XM ready, so you need an antenna and tuner box and receiver. Now, if you paid for it at the dealer and they never installed it then thats a problem I would be ____ed........

On a different note I just got done installing my XM radio and I love it, sounds like a CD and I only listen to one channel "BPM" Why change the channel I never get a commercial......
Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member

It really is the best sound upgrade in my car . 3k in my system and thats my favorite part! haha