Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

$145 Floor Mats only last 3 months?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My mats in my xB are 14 months old and year they have a small wear spot from the heel of my foot, but I've put 30,000 miles on it in that time... It's carpet, what do you expect from it?
Old 05-06-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: $145 Floor Mats only last 3 months?

Originally Posted by tCinHou
I"m mad at Tejas Toyota in the burbs of Houston . I purchased the floormat set for $145 cause i liked the pull apart design. well i've owned the car for three months (7000 miles) and the drivers floormat has worn through the carpet in two places. i went it to the dealer and asked for it to be warrantied and replaced. the service advisor was great but had to ask the service manager if it is under warranty. the service manager then told me it was my fault because i must drive aggressive since in his opinion thats what causes the worn mats . how in the he** can you tell if someone is an aggressive driver by a floor mat??? I am not an aggressive driver but drive in a large city and my foot rotates from the break to the gas etc in traffic. my VW's carpet mats didn't show wear for 3 years. anyway, the service manager said he would warranty it this time as he warrantied the first one on a few other peoples tC's. obviously its got to be a flaw somehow in that batch of mats if others are having probs too. i was just mad that he was accusing me right from the start. i called scion and opened a case for the mat incase it happens in another 3 months and told them how the service manager treated me. (doubt it will do any good though)

anyone else having these mat probs?
Take off your cleats.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

BTW, Mines an auto and it happened right where my heel touched. I guess they didn't plan for people putting their feet down there...

And it's the carpet side, it just turns to fuzziness and starts growing soft around a hole.

I bought MOMO floorplates to resolve it.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think for the future models (06') They will incorporate the RS 1.0 design for the mats.

We had quite a few sets come back for replacement and they were all done under warranty.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DGTLLVR
Calling Scion will do you no good, the material they use on those floor mats is probably the same as the last 20,000,000 toyotas sold... so theres not a flaw.
Where do I start? Well the first comment will work. Calling Scion does work I personally have done it and my mats were replaced. They serve as a mediator for you and the dealers.

And in case you did not know the material of the 04 Xb mats is a different material than some 05 Xb mats.

Check your facts before you start making false statements.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had this issue with my dealer when i got my car, because they were saying the mats couldn't be taken off the sticker and i was mad cuz i hadn't ordered them and i had heard all over this site that they were crap. so i got it in writing that the mats were under warranty for 3 years AND that the warranty started over every time i needed a new set of mats, if i did in fact need them. i raised hell there because i was really angry at them and they were quick to comply with my demands to make sure i would buy the car.

so far so good with the mats tho, i'm at 8000 miles.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Banned
SL Member

wow 20 $ at target still hot in the floor!!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

mine are worn through too. but i solved it. just bought new ones. lol. and not scion this time.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DGTLLVR
It depends on your shoes and the material of the floor mat. Great that your VW mat lasted so long, but that was probably with different shoes (unless your shoes last 5 years or something crazy) Those are considered wear parts, and are not warrantied. It's not an issue, it's a floormat. You should be very happy with your dealer that they went way beyond what they needed to do in this instance. Calling Scion will do you no good, the material they use on those floor mats is probably the same as the last 20,000,000 toyotas sold... so theres not a flaw.
Scion said it was under warranty and ironically they are the same shoes. they really shoundn't wear that quick for 145 bucks. only three months? come on now.
glad i didn't get the shaft buying my scion in austin at your dealer. and the VW mats were alot thinner then these, i think they are too plush and thats the prob.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My dealer is ordering new ones for me. I was curious though, if the new mats with the rubber heel have a different part number than the older mats? The guy I spoke with in the service dept said he only had 1 part #. Did Scion just switch over to the new design? I know that the new rubber padded area is available though. All the cars coming into the dealers by me now have those style mats.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That's why when people post these repeated threads on "What options should I get?" I always post "Don't get the mats!! Worthless!"

-Z
Old 05-07-2005, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i didn't have a choice in whether or not i got them, i was stuck. with all four mats and the cargo mat. ick.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciongirl81
i didn't have a choice in whether or not i got them, i was stuck. with all four mats and the cargo mat. ick.
Couldn't you have threatened the dealer then to takeyour business elsewhere and let them know you didnt mind waiting, as long as you got the exact car/options you wanted?
Old 05-07-2005, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

haha...been there, done that. three times.

i'm sure the whole dilemna is somewhere here on scionlife...i ordered my tC in black cherry at first and they "accidently" ordered it with all extras. ick!!

then they ordered it again, but this time i had opted for blue because they gave me first priority because of the mix-up, but when it came in, it was again black cherry. ick!!

so i canceled at that dealer and went to another down the street. didn't discuss any options with the dealer, but when i took the car home, there were the mats. too late for anything. and i was stuck on my ap tC.

in the meantime, the first dealer had also called my mother to tell her that the second dealer wouldn't have my car and that i was wasting my time and needed to come back to the first.

good luck following that...but yea, there is my excuse.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha...been there, done that. three times.

i'm sure the whole dilemna is somewhere here on scionlife...i ordered my tC in black cherry at first and they "accidently" ordered it with all extras. ick!!

then they ordered it again, but this time i had opted for blue because they gave me first priority because of the mix-up, but when it came in, it was again black cherry. ick!!

so i canceled at that dealer and went to another down the street. didn't discuss any options with the dealer, but when i took the car home, there were the mats. too late for anything. and i was stuck on my ap tC.

in the meantime, the first dealer had also called my mother to tell her that the second dealer wouldn't have my car and that i was wasting my time and needed to come back to the first.

good luck following that...but yea, there is my excuse.
You have the Cliffs Notes version that I can read?
Old 05-07-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no sorry...tried to make it as simple as i could for ya.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no sorry...tried to make it as simple as i could for ya.
You did. I understood it clearly. I was just joking with ya.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i know. lol. just felt like that was a long winded dilemna i had. stupid dealer.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: $145 Floor Mats only last 3 months?

Originally Posted by tCinHou
the service manager said he would warranty it this time as he warrantied the first one on a few other peoples tC's. obviously its got to be a flaw somehow in that batch of mats if others are having probs too.
Nope, must just mean they're aggressive drivers too

Old 05-07-2005, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's unfortunate that many of the dealers out that have a crappy service. I've had my car for about 4 months now and the carpet is fine. But I guess it's really how well you take care of your car. For me, I wash vacuum my car every weekend and wash probably every other weekend or so. And I also don't let people sit in my car . Maybe that's the reason why they're still good....

Quick Reply: $145 Floor Mats only last 3 months?