2005-2010 [ANT10]

*DG spec coilovers installed!* Batman's Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks man, I was pretty excited when I found out

also got out yesterday for a little photoshoot action with my photographer friend. I updated the first post with cell phone pics of him taking real pics

I'll probably be naggin him for a bit to finish editing his work before I can post anything real lol
Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think your photo buddy needs tighter pants ;) hahaha jp car looks good man, i want your turbo.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:50 PM

clean.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got a new picture today!..... definitely not the picture I was hoping for though....

Name:  ImageVieweraspx.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  43.1 KB
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member

wish you could get those with out the ticket though. harumph. hope it wasnt too much.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice shot!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wtf! since when did they pass the law that we can get tickets from cameras wow i guess we dont have any privacy so much for "freedom" if were being watch 24/7... i see it coming that a mob of people are just gonna go around a knock those things out ...
Old 04-30-2011, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

new orleans really ____ed off a bunch of people when they put up the cameras. I knew they were snapping pics of people running red lights (which is actually sorta reasonable) but I had no idea they had cameras watching for speeding till one night when a bunch of flashes went off

....I wish I could figure out a way to rip the video offline so I could post that too lol
Old 04-30-2011, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Love the ride! Sucks about the camera. A cop probably never woulda stopped you going 34 in a 25.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know right, I didnt even realize I was speeding, I really thought it was a 35 zone lol

I dont ever drive on that rode now
Old 05-03-2011, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So this Sunday I'm probably going to be starting my +1000 mile journey from New Orleans to Michigan where I'll be spending the summer

Name:  Screenshot2011-05-03at44530PM.png
Views: 66
Size:  345.7 KB

I'm gonna be stopping in Strongsville, Ohio on the way to pick up a lip kit (OEM GFX) from a seller here on SL

If anyone is near my route and wants to meet up real quick for a little photoshoot action let me know. Just look at the map above to see if you're anywhere near where I'll be driving. I finally have a working Cannon Rebel, and my friend with his D90 will be with me

*most importantly*
I'll probably be updating or making a full write up concerning the long-term performance of my APR X1, tuned by Dezod! I'll probably just be keeping an eye on my fuel trims and (open and closed loop) AFRs and gas mileage as well, and reporting how the unit responds to the temperature and elevation changes that I'll be subjecting my car to during the +19 hours of driving.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You will be about 8 hours west of me
Old 05-03-2011, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a good road trip, will you be keeping a photoblog?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Yeah come take a pit stop and see me! Ill take a photo shoot with you.

Dirty Jersey its not that much out of your way
Old 05-03-2011, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

you can stop by where i live and we can take some pixs.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joyride
Yeah come take a pit stop and see me! Ill take a photo shoot with you.

Dirty Jersey its not that much out of your way

haha I kinda need to get home in time to start work on the 16th
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM
AoD

i usually just lurk on sl but i live out in cleveland so i figured i'd actually post. if it's not raining (which there's a good chance it might) i don't mind meeting up with you for a photoshoot. i can see if any of the other cleveland scikotics wanna meet up as well. what day/time are you going to be in the area? like i said, i usually just lurk so you're better off emailing me if you wanna get in touch. andidly@gmail.com
it looks like you'll be passing through downtown Cleveland. i live downtown so you should definitely swing by!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello from Columbia, OH

Name:  IMG_3026.png
Views: 65
Size:  477.3 KB

we started driving around 1:30 pm and checked into a motel at about 11:45, we stopped a few times and what not but it looks like we covered 8 non-stop hours in one day which I'm pretty happy with

Name:  IMG_7537.png
Views: 64
Size:  540.8 KB

Anyways, on to how the car is performing...
During the afternoon/early evening outside temperatures were high 80s and low 90s. I am running a draw through intake set up, so heat soak is expected. My ScanGuage II was indicating intake temperatures that were generally about 10 degrees hotter while moving on the freeway. Highest I saw after being on the freeway for a bit was 107 but when idling I saw as high as 137.
I'm going to look to see if my scanguage can calculate average long term and short term fuel trims for tomorrow, but for today I can only report what I saw when I was paying attention. Generally, under the temperature conditions indicated above, the LTFTs hung around -6 (highest I saw was -7), while the STFTs oscillated between 1 and -2.

After we stopped to fill up gas, and let the engine cool down for a bit over an hour, when I got back on the free way, for a while LTFTs and STFTs were both between -1 and 1. After a while when everything in the engine bay got nice and hot again, fuel trims settled back into what I reported above.

As I drove into the night and temperatures continuously dropped, X1 handled the changing conditions very well. Everything stayed smooth and as the intake temperature got closer to ambient air temperure (+4 or 5 degrees rather than 10), fuel trims got consistently lower. LTFTs stayed around -4 and STFTs just did their normal thing.

Cruising AFR was always right around 14.7. Of course there was a little bit of oscillation; dipping to 14.3 or spiking to 15.1, but nothing that shouldn't be expected for any car.

Wide open throttle has been equal dependable. I didnt do a whole lot of pulls, just a few when I was in need of some fun. I noticed that if I hadn't gone into boost in a while and if conditions had changed (temperature, elevation, fuel level) AFRs might be a little scattered for the first pull (spiking as high as 12.3 once). However any following pulls, the X1 would compensate perfectly returning the mix to the desired 11.4 ratio.

The car is doing pretty well on gas too.
Part of the first tank was used while transporting stuff from my dorm to storage space and what not, but the greater percentage of it was spent during the drive today in the high heat conditions with the windows and sunroof closed, and air conditioner on for most of the time (the fuel trims were also observed with the air conditioner on). When we stopped to fill up the tank, I checked my scanguage which reported an average of 20.8 mpg for since the last fill up. I also reset one of the trip counters on the odometer.
This fresh tank was spent almost completely on the highway. I used the A/C less frequently but I would still guess it was on almost 70% of the time.
When we stopped for gas a second time I was able to record mpg using my scangauge and also the tripmeter divided by fill up amount method. According to my scanguage I averaged a 27.7 mpg. However when I determined mpg myself I calculated 28.24 mpg (262.2mi/9.060gal). Either way this is higher than the EPA estimate of 27 mpg for a 2008 tC so I was pretty excited about that.....however I do have to pay for premium lol

If theres anything else anyone wants me to keep my eye on just let me know
Old 05-12-2011, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I got home in Michigan around 9:30 last night (Tuesday). Didnt end up making any other stops than to pick up my lip kit, and stay the night with my friend at Ohio State....Had a bit too much to drink that night and didnt start driving till 3pm yesterday haha.

Kentucky was a lot of fun to drive through on the way to Ohio. Lots of hills and what not. Took the car up to 115mph once when the road was completely empty.... I dont know if my car will ever see its new max speed of 150 haha. I didn't even like breaking 100 on a public freeway.

I was planning on having more to say about the APR X1....but I'm not really sure what I thought there was going to be to say lol. It works astonishingly well and thats about it. I didnt have any problems during the drive and the couple of times I felt like making a pull, it was ready go.

I do want to report the rest of my recorded gas mileage though.

When filling up for the third time (Monday), I checked my ScanGuage before clearing it reported 28.5 mpg. However when I divided the numbers myself I calculated 26.64 mpg (263.8 mi/9.903). I am really not sure what to blame for this huge difference in mpg calculation nor am I sure which number to trust more... though I'm betting I should be quicker to believe the lower number lol. During this tank air conditioning was used pretty frequently, and there was a bit city driving because we stopped in Nashville, TN to meet up with some friends and have lunch.

Filled up again before leaving the Ohio State area on Tuesday morning.
My calculation: 28.4 mpg (201.3 mi/7.09 gal)
ScanGuage II: 27.0
There's a pretty big gap again in the mpg calculation... I believe most people argue that the miles divided by amount filled up is more accurate than a ScanGuage's calculation, but 28.4 seems a little too good lol. Could be due to the fact that less of the tank was drained, I have heard arguments that cars are more fuel efficient with more fuel in the tank, and in this case I only used half a tank before refilling.
A/C was used somewhat frequently and there was a bit of city driving though Cincinnati (had to have that Skyline Chili) and Columbus to get to Ohio State.

I made it all the way home with out having to refill and finally refilled today after doing some city driving to run errands.
I accidentally cleared my ScanGuage before checking the mpg calculation for the tank, so I only have my calculation.
326.1 mi/11.178 gal = 29.2 mpg
....this is kind of a big wtf, especially since I drove around town today. The only possible explanation is that I believe I did not use the A/C even once during the entirety of the tank. I did however drive a fair amount with the roof open instead.
Anyone have any light to shed on the possibility of this number being true? Could keeping the A/C off really make that big of a difference?? I also would have assumed that the car is less aerodynamic with the roof open, but perhaps it is actually more slippery...??

It really would be cool to be able to report that the APR X1 is capable of increasing mpg but such a substantial amount as, again, the EPA estimate is 27mpg Highway...
Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

glad you like your x1 i wanna eventually get that management but the fic is gonna have to do for a while. i still gotta buy crap for a house in a couple months. i will also be doin a long distance drive from delaware to oklahoma at the end of next month on a built and boosted car. to be honest im kinda nervous to drive it that far.

Quick Reply: *DG spec coilovers installed!* Batman's Thread