Old 06-03-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by user1234
Originally Posted by metalranger33
Originally Posted by Joe@Dezod
I'm glad I bought my IIP before they discontinued it. I like the brighter, bolder colors more. Just my opinion I guess.
i feel the same way, btw why the ipod....if our radios have MP3 you can just make a data cd with MP3s and just play them...isnt the ipod connector somthing kinda dumb and defeats the purpose of putting a MP3 cd player inside our cars...damn kids
but IPODs have from 4 to 40 GB of data on it, which can hold between 1000 - 10000 songs, compared to a data CD which has only 700 MB and can hold only about 175 songs. Not to mention it's much more convenient to change the content of the IPOD and download new songs, rather than having to burn a new CD every time. Data CDs are still useful though, but IPOD is a completely different ballgame.

btw, regarding the new blue, I think it's LIGHTER then the old indigo blue, and looks much better. It's closer to the color offered by Infinity in their G35 coupe, the same blue color they use in all their commercials for the G35 coupe. I always thought the tC should have been offered in that color, which is a classic for a sports coupe. In fact G35 is offered in both of these blue colors, called "lakeshore slate" (=nautical blue) and "athens blue" (=IIP) but all the ads only show the nautical blue G35, and I've never even seen anyone buying a G35 in the IIP-like color. Just goes to show you what most people actually choose given the option between these two blues.

Based on the reaction to the new nautical blue color on other forums, I'd say it's very understandable why scion chose to discontinue the IIP rather then offer both. Very few people would have chosen IIP once the nautical blue is available.
my friend has the g35 in athens blue and i think it looks like one of the best colors on a car yet... its a very dark blue in the sun and almost black at night, which is hottt i think
Old 06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smash
Well, I think Scion had different motives for "discontinuing" SSM and IIP. And we all know what those are...

It's not like they really "changed" the colors anyway. Overall, the colors are so very similar that most normal people won't notice a difference anyway. Scion = some sneaky bastards.
I dont know what their motives are??

as regaurds to scion being some sneaky bastards, i couldn't agree more
Old 06-03-2005, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Head unit looks 100x better but Scion Sound Processing still sucks.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I think Scion had different motives for "discontinuing" SSM and IIP. And we all know what those are...

It's not like they really "changed" the colors anyway. Overall, the colors are so very similar that most normal people won't notice a difference anyway. Scion = some sneaky bastards.
Yeah seriously... what are thier motives?

lol
Old 06-03-2005, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

if you have an 05, can't you just buy one of these 2 things and use your ipod in your car?

Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter

Description:
Your iPod can play music through your car radio with the iTrip FM Transmitter, which connects to the iPod minijack and draws a tiny bit of power from the iPod.

Monster iCarPlay Wireless Plus

Description:
Monster iCarPlay Wireless Plus plays iPod tunes wirelessly through your car radio while charging your iPod. Supports iPod with Dock Connector.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kwiksilver
if you have an 05, can't you just buy one of these 2 things and use your ipod in your car?

Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter

Description:
Your iPod can play music through your car radio with the iTrip FM Transmitter, which connects to the iPod minijack and draws a tiny bit of power from the iPod.

Monster iCarPlay Wireless Plus

Description:
Monster iCarPlay Wireless Plus plays iPod tunes wirelessly through your car radio while charging your iPod. Supports iPod with Dock Connector.
You could, but the quality suffers.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WarrenSteve

Yeah seriously... what are thier motives?

lol

well. they realized they were getting complaint after complaint about the major chipping/peeling occuring on the tC's. from my research/experience with the issue, the great majority of the problems have occurred on SSM and IIP. Therefore, they decided to save themselves the headache in the future and just changed to a different paint but essentially kept the same colors.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then what happens to those who are with the paint that chips easily? they just have to put up with it??
Old 06-05-2005, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well. they realized they were getting complaint after complaint about the major chipping/peeling occuring on the tC's. from my research/experience with the issue, the great majority of the problems have occurred on SSM and IIP. Therefore, they decided to save themselves the headache in the future and just changed to a different paint but essentially kept the same colors.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but do you have any proof of this?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes i 2nd that.. what proof does this person have? and what about the people who already have this paint and the paint is chipping? what is scion going to do about them?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought the paint was a wide spread problem, not only with the TC's, but also the x's.

I figured if Scion needed to fix their weak paint problems, they would have done so with all paint, not just two colors.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's just it, they aren't going to do jack about the people that already have these colors. (me and others..) the only proof i have is experience. major car companies have no other reason to change 2 of their most common colors, to the exact same colors just different paint, unless there was a problem with the original paint. its not rocket science. that's just how i see it.. of course there could be another reason behind it, but i doubt it.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's just it, they aren't going to do jack about the people that already have these colors. (me and others..) the only proof i have is experience. major car companies have no other reason to change 2 of their most common colors, to the exact same colors just different paint, unless there was a problem with the original paint. its not rocket science. that's just how i see it.. of course there could be another reason behind it, but i doubt it.
Why not just solve the problem then and keep the same name?

I guess anyones guess is as good as ours, but regardless of the reasons, I can't wait to see these new colors in person, or compared to their "previous" colors.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

because they're different paint codes.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no chipping problems on my tC and I have the same color. I was in L.A. on the freeway and some truck kicked up some rocks. I cringed with every hit of the rocks. The only damage I could find was a rock lodged in my windshield. I checked my tC over and over again, and the rock/windshield was the only damage.

I just picked up touch-up paint from my Scion dealer about 2 weeks ago and I must admit that it is a tad darker than my SSM. So, maybe that's what Classic Silver is going to look like.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
I have no chipping problems on my tC and I have the same color. I was in L.A. on the freeway and some truck kicked up some rocks. I cringed with every hit of the rocks. The only damage I could find was a rock lodged in my windshield. I checked my tC over and over again, and the rock/windshield was the only damage.

I just picked up touch-up paint from my Scion dealer about 2 weeks ago and I must admit that it is a tad darker than my SSM. So, maybe that's what Classic Silver is going to look like.
just curious but when did you purchase your tC?