Auto tC vs. 5 spd tC

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Auto tC vs. 5 spd tC

Originally Posted by miraclecreator
...since they said if I do it outside I will lose ALL my warranty.
What did you mean by this?

Anyway, I am never buying an auto again. My last 2 cars were auto because I shared it with my wife, and she was pregnent. Now she is pregnent with our second, but I got her a new minivan. The tC will be ALL MINE! So I am definately getting a manual.

Traffic in Vegas ain't so bad, but when I'm in traffic, I just leave it in second. I will only buy a manual because I enjoy driving. Auto's take the enjoyment out of it.

But in your case, it would depend on how much money your going to loose. Let us know know they offer you.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've owned several automatics and manuals in my 18 years of driving in So Cal. I prefer AT's because of my very long commute in LA traffic [405 Getty centre area] It was literally a stop-and-go nightmare for a minimum of 20 miles.

I felt much less fatigued at the end of the commute with an AT.

I put alot of miles on my cars and having to replace a clutch @ 75-85k at a cost of about $700 is not my idea of economical. Although i must admit, MT's are really fun to drive! I'll remember that if I ever decide to move to an wide open place likeMontana...
Old 10-14-2004, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Manual is better then an auto, faster, way easier to fix (I work for Ford, this is a ____ load less work to do when manual transmission goes, compared to an auto). You have to pay more for an auto. Autos can break down just as easy as manuals, and can't be driven as hard, I don't car who you are, autos have more moving parts, and you put a lot of wear on those parts. Someone above said something about replacing the clutch, if you know how to drive your car you shouldn't ever have to replace the clutch. I drive autos at work and my tC us my manual at home, and I would definetly choose the tC for driving anywhere, traffic, uphill, downhill, etc...hehe..its overall better, and makes you a better driver since you have to be more aware, since you can't really do a lot of things at once like in an auto. I think an auto is for lazy people, and a manual is for people who actually care about there driving, though people in manuals tend to speed more, they also are more aware of there surrounding, since they can't drink coffee while simultaneously talking on the cell phone, while itching there crotch like you auto folk do. *Shrug*, thats my opinion...
Old 10-14-2004, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont they have cars now that are both? that acctually are faster then a manual? i think they got those shifter things on the wheel