Back Mats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Back Mats?

Hey all...

I was just looking around the sites that sell Scion accessories to figure out where I'm going to get my mats and stuff (McGeorge seems to be the cheapest as well as the nicest of the 3 I checked) and I always thought the set of floormats was for front and rear (because it says "4 piece") but I just realized that the four pieces are the two mats with the two removable carpet inserts. Does the back have mats? Does it need them? I'd rather have something to protect back there than leave it unprotected.

Also, does ANYONE have the cargo mat thing (the one that covers up the entire back area)? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one as I don't want the back ____ed up and I have a big blanket back there in my current car, but I thought someone said it sucked and if so, I'd like to know what their problem with it was.

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I got mine from the dealer and it was actually 5 pieces.

The 2 front mats (with the removable inserts) then 2 rear mats (just carpeted mats) and then a final mat for the hatch area (just carpeted). I believe those all came in the package I got, I did not get the optional rear plastic mat, its just the carpeted one.

I do not know about 3rd party kits. Like I said, mine was from the dealer.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you asked McGeorge? They should carry. I have a separate back mat on mine the covers the entire back (with the seats in upright position of course).

Kevin
Old 08-26-2004, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

The 4 piece floor mats are both front and rear sets. Not what you were thinking. When scion sells the mats for $145 they are selling the 4 floor mats + cargo mat (not cargo liner). When you buy from mcgeorge, you can specify if you only want the 4 floor mats or you can add in the cargo mat also. Follow?

I have the cargo mat, and it is nice carpet. Its about as plush as the floor mats with a nice scion embroidered logo in the center (black background with white lettering). It also has holes cut for the tie downs. I wasnt a big fan of the stock cargo cover and am very happy with this mat, well worth the $30 to me.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

What is nice about ordering them from mcgeorges or partznet is you can get just the interior cabin set without the cargo mat. This was great for us, because we're going to haul our dogs around in the back with rear seats folded. So we bought the cargo LINER which is different from the carpet mat, which is rendundant at that point.

B.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bushido
What is nice about ordering them from mcgeorges or partznet is you can get just the interior cabin set without the cargo mat. This was great for us, because we're going to haul our dogs around in the back with rear seats folded. So we bought the cargo LINER which is different from the carpet mat, which is rendundant at that point.

B.
Ok... so you've got the liner already? That is what I was planning on ordering too. Can you tell me anything about the liner? The only picture that anyone has up of it online is the one where it is covered in stuff so you can just see a little flap of it that hangs out the rear hatch when you open it up. Can you describe it any better? Is it good quality? Are you happy with it?

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

its been said already, buuuuut i got my mats from the dealer... its a 5 mat set with the two front mats being hybrid mats (summer/winter with inserts) two rear and one in the back hatch area
Old 08-27-2004, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone have any pics without the cargo mat in?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by iowagary
Ok... so you've got the liner already? That is what I was planning on ordering too. Can you tell me anything about the liner? The only picture that anyone has up of it online is the one where it is covered in stuff so you can just see a little flap of it that hangs out the rear hatch when you open it up. Can you describe it any better? Is it good quality? Are you happy with it?
Thanks.
Sorry, we don't even have the tC yet ( it arrived yesterday at the dealer). My wife ordered all of the "soft" accessories separately from mcgeorges to save $$, primarily due to all the great advice from this board. They should arrive at the house today. I can take a pic of the liner uninstalled if you'd like.

I have a Saab 9000 Aero and I wish I had rigged a liner out of oilcloth for the hatch. Between hauling my guitar gear around and taking the dogs to the park, it is pretty trashed back there. Thank heavens for the hard parcel deck to keep everything hidden.

I guess the tC liner makes sense for people with an active lifestyle, that will ride around mostly with the rear seats folded. The piece of carpet that comes in the complete mat set leaves the backs of the rear seats exposed. I'm curious about how the liner will effect the function of the bungy hooks (hoping there are grommet openings) or if it will bunch up much when the rear seats are upright. I'll post something with pics under an appropriate header when we take delivery and have the liner in place.

B.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks.
Here's a link to my project site Cargo Liner The liner is utilitarian, not for making a fashion statement. It is kind of bunchy on the smaller of the headrest splits. It looks best when the rear deck is completely flat. When the rear seats are upright, it forms little rolls in one place across the back. It doesn't look so bad when the cargo privacy panel is in place.

Of course the main thing is that it provides complete protection of the horizontal surfaces of the cargo bay and rear seat backs. The fold-out bumper cover is great for protecting against claw scratches when the hounds get in and out of the hatch.

Hope that just about covers it,

B.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are just looking for the function of floor mats get them from walmart or some place similar. Much cheaper that way. As for the back mat again if you just want some function might look at home depot for a small throw rug or something like that. It might look funny but it would get the job done most of the time. Im a cheap person so this is what I would do. Forking out $100+ for mats of any kind just does not work in my mind.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Got a deal for mine

I got mines off of eBay... it was a deal! 85 bucks shipped, 2 mats for the front with the removable rug. 2 for the back, plus the cargo mat...

I didn't by mats since I was not going to pay 150 for the set, but when this deal came along it was a no brainer.

It looks nices with factory mat, everything fits good and looks good. I'd say watch on ebay for deals... you can use Wal-Mart stuff for temp... I'd use the factory paper for the 1st week before my mats came in.

All I can say... go with the factory stuff... much much nicer.. make use of the 2 holes on the driver side. *haha*
Old 09-10-2004, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Got a deal for mine

Originally Posted by RanmaP
I got mines off of eBay... it was a deal! 85 bucks shipped, 2 mats for the front with the removable rug. 2 for the back, plus the cargo mat...
Is it the real Scion stuff that you got off of ebay? Was it brand new or slightly used (I guess it couldn't be that used - the car hasn't been around long enough). I wonder why anyone would be selling that...
Old 09-10-2004, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mats

Got mine from McGeorge. Got here like 2 days after I ordered it, handy that he's in VA too. The mats are cool. I mean I thought about the whole cheaper from Walmart and what not but the Scion logo in the cargo mat is a must and it fits properly. I also like the whole being able to pull out the carpet part thing from the mat during winter, though I must say its not as easy as it sounded to be able to take off and put back the carpet part. I'm still catching up with setting up an account and all but I'll take picture off all this stuff within the next week or so, if no one has done so by then.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Mats

Originally Posted by tcHoya
I'm still catching up with setting up an account and all but I'll take picture off all this stuff within the next week or so, if no one has done so by then.
I'd appreciate that - especially a couple good pictures of the cargo mat. I want to see what it looks like in action, and then maybe a closer picture to gague the material and quality. Glad you're happy with the stuff you got.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Mats

Originally Posted by tcHoya
I'm still catching up with setting up an account and all but I'll take picture off all this stuff within the next week or so, if no one has done so by then.
I'd appreciate that - especially a couple good pictures of the cargo mat. I want to see what it looks like in action, and then maybe a closer picture to gague the material and quality. Glad you're happy with the stuff you got.
Actually, Bushido posted this link hidden in this message below: http://home.comcast.net/~professorma...r_project.html
A page with pictures of the Cargo Liner....

Here's a link to my project site Cargo Liner The liner is utilitarian, not for making a fashion statement. It is kind of bunchy on the smaller of the headrest splits. It looks best when the rear deck is completely flat. When the rear seats are upright, it forms little rolls in one place across the back. It doesn't look so bad when the cargo privacy panel is in place.

Of course the main thing is that it provides complete protection of the horizontal surfaces of the cargo bay and rear seat backs. The fold-out bumper cover is great for protecting against claw scratches when the hounds get in and out of the hatch.

Hope that just about covers it,
Old 09-10-2004, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those are totally the pics I was looking for. It's too bad it's not a better fit right around the tops of the back seats, but I think I can deal with it. I'm not in my trunk all the time and I think I'd rather have protection than nice looking back there (up to a point). I'm gonna get that thing.

How does the little fold out flap store? Is it folded under the bottom when it isn't rolled out over the bumper? I'm glad they thought of that - it could really come in handy.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like partznet.com like everything is atleast 20-50% off on all the options that toyota sells
Old 09-11-2004, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

One thing I found out after the fact is that if you have the subwoofer installed, neither cargo mat or liner fit well because the subwoofer enclosure takes up the right corner of the cargo area where the mat normally sits.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Got a deal for mine

Originally Posted by RanmaP
Is it the real Scion stuff that you got off of ebay? Was it brand new or slightly used (I guess it couldn't be that used - the car hasn't been around long enough). I wonder why anyone would be selling that...
Yeah, its brand new/in pastic (in Toyota Box). Its the real deal alright... SCION logo on it fits perfect... thats why its a deal. Now people selling on ebay the mats alone some go up to 100 bucks already without cargo mats.

I wouldn't pay $85 for generic ____... but if this is, then hell they made it look so real.
Maybe he works for Toyota or something. Or... STOLEN?!

I remember the guy was selling the ground effect kit and a bunch of other stuff too for the tC. But he didn't have alot... just one of each, guess I was lucky. Look as his history... this person sold alot of stuff... has the barcode and everything... looks pretty real to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=63690