2005-2010 [ANT10]

Bad review for tC

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4me
Some cars just look funny with a guy driving it, some cars look funny if a girl drives it. When a younger guy is driving a new beetle and trying to be cool, i cant help but laugh. (sorry if you have one and your a guy) When an older guy drives it, i think nothing of it. He's old, he was probably a hippie (like my parents were). But the mini is a totally different car. If you have ever been in one, you know what I mean, that thing is though! Its a bad ___ little car! So for someone to say the mini is for ___ men, obviously has never been in one.
I never said the mini was for ___ men, but when i drove it around i didn't like like it. Nothing special about it. Suspension was real tight, but that's about it.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Maybe I just like it cause it makes me feel tall. But I liked how it felt...although, I'm not a ___ guy, I'm not even a guy. But that doesnt meen its a chick car either.

To me, the tC's head lights are bmw, but the grill reminds me of the skyline. Car companies always take ideas from other companies, so of course the tC is going to look like other cars. But I like the looks of the tC, even though they aren't as original as the xA and the xB.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member

I got a chance to take a Mini S for a little ride. I liked it alot. Grinned the whole way. It was like a go cart for 4. Very slick. I'd buy one tomarrow if it was more reliable. Consumer reports rated it unrealiable. They said that peeps reported all sorts of probs with in the first couple of months of own'n one. :? If only toyota/scion or honda made it that would be great.

By the way I can't stand nascar either tC4me. :D
Give me WRC any day!

Back in the late 90's toyota was in the WRC with a turbo corolla hatch. Toyota sold a NA version in Brittan. Man I would have killed to own one.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by couper
I got a chance to take a Mini S for a little ride. I liked it alot. Grinned the whole way. It was like a go cart for 4. Very slick. I'd buy one tomarrow if it was more reliable. Consumer reports rated it unrealiable. They said that peeps reported all sorts of probs with in the first couple of months of own'n one. :? If only toyota/scion or honda made it that would be great.

By the way I can't stand nascar either tC4me. :D
Give me WRC any day!

Back in the late 90's toyota was in the WRC with a turbo corolla hatch. Toyota sold a NA version in Brittan. Man I would have killed to own one.
those things were sweet...although we dont have a corolla hatchback here in the states , Europe and i think Australia has the Corolla T Sport hatchback....very nice car
Old 02-11-2004, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Toyota headquarters in Torrance had a corolla hatch. I went over to see my dad and saw this little car, so i walked over to it, and sure enough it was a corolla from europe. It really is a funny little car.

Its all about WRC...did you see monte carlo and sweden? It was great! I'm rootin' for Petter again, but Loeb is really commin back for revenge this year.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member

They said the same thing about the XB, that it would never sell. Cause people wanted fast car's, not economical
Old 02-12-2004, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member

Damn, no I haven't been watch'n rally this year, unfortunately. I've been busy. I like both Solburg and Loeb. They're good guys. My fav is Sainz cause he used to drive the corolla when toyota was in and cause he never seems to win but is always in contention. I like to root for the underdogs. :D