2005-2010 [ANT10]

Brake Pads & Power Steering Fluid for tc 09 5.0 serie

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Esh Darkstar
Uh, he did say that they were getting thin so unless he posts pics or measurements of how thick the pads are we really don't know if the do need changed. Also to make the claim that replacing pads won't improve brake performance flies in the face of what brake manufacturers put out. Are you saying that they are wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by nayo305
Well brother, from 2009 to 2012, its been 3 years now, the pads aren't that bad, but I could replace them for a better performance, TRD's.
If they aren't bad then replacing them with new ones will do nothing. That was my point.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
how about porterfield? they make a nice performance street pad called the R4-S. not cheap but it's excellent in performance.
Am going to take a look at the "porterfield" and the brand "hawk". Don't really know which one is the best. Anybody????
Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by Esh Darkstar
For normal street use pretty much anything from a reputable seller will be fine. The question is why does your power steering fluid need to be changed. 22K miles is a very short time to have to change it out (very short for the brake pads too but that has more to do with usage rather than mileage) and if my memory serves me that is well below the recommended interval for the car.
Well, the fluid looks dark, like its been there for a while, never been change. I just wanted to replace it so is cleaner and smoother. I already did it with color red. This is what the dealer gave me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-02-2012, 02:19 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by nayo305
I just checked my brake pads today and they are getting thin. I did check on them because everytime I pushed the brakes I could hear a little noise sometimes.
And if they are getting thin and making noise then they probably do need replaced.

The fact is neither of us have eyes on and we're trying to help based on what we've read. I think there is also conflicting information throughout this tread leading to some confusion on exactly what condition the brakes are in. You are right, if the pads still have meat and your not going to do any kind of competitive driving then there is no real reason why to change out the pads. Though some people will do things only for piece of mind.