Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Can I TRUST "Scion Parts People.com "?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Can I TRUST "Scion Parts People.com "?

Hey, I plan on adding a few things to my Tc, I'm wondering if it's safe to buy from these guys. Just go on Froogle and type Scion Tc Parts and they're on top of the list.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 07-22-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think I've ever heard of them... not sure.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I bought from them a bunch of times. Great prices on shipping. I had no problems with them. They are actually a dealership in Washington State. But shipping costs less to Ct then sparks or mcgeorge.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check out "Shop Experience" under Commerce...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=928494
Old 07-22-2005, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought a fender from them, they said they couldnt' ship it and didn't charge me.

I need that fender though. Mine was crumpled....
Old 07-22-2005, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just bought a left fender, front bumper cover, hood, and headlight from ScionPartsPeople...saved me 30% off retail and shipped it all via UPS for $100. The savings in sales tax alone paid for the shipping! Nice people, super prices, all genuine Toyota parts. No reason to pay retail for any parts ever again....
Old 07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member

Placed my order and never received it . I went to their contact page they don't have any contact info, no phone number or address listed . If they are a dealer who are they I want my parts.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

05tc, that's the first time I've heard of any problems with them. I've ordered from them many times. Great pricing and fast shipping. Something fell thru the cracks.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05TC
Placed my order and never received it . I went to their contact page they don't have any contact info, no phone number or address listed . If they are a dealer who are they I want my parts.
That isn't right, are you SURE you placed an order? These folks are VERY easy to contact...here's their customer service address: customerservice@autopartspeople.com
They are Toyota of Puyallup, (253)286-6100
Old 07-22-2005, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member

ScionDad do you know how to contact them or who they are . I see from reading post that they are a dealership but they don't give out their real name and no one seems to know who they really are or have any contact info . I am a little worried my credit card is charged and I can't seem to contact them .
Old 07-22-2005, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

this guys are dealers i buy some part for my kia and now for my xb i get the rear cover for half of the price
Old 07-22-2005, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They sound trustworthy and there only seems minor problems. On the ones with minor problems, did you pay yet? If you did, then that is a problem, but if you placed and order and didn't pay, they probably over-looked it because they were swamped that week. Just tell the thread if you did make a deposit and we'll know if we're safe, and it'll help me out greatly .

Thanks,
Tim
Old 07-22-2005, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have bought from them 3 different times and I never once had a problem.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CharlieLed
I just bought a left fender, front bumper cover, hood, and headlight from ScionPartsPeople...saved me 30% off retail and shipped it all via UPS for $100. The savings in sales tax alone paid for the shipping! Nice people, super prices, all genuine Toyota parts. No reason to pay retail for any parts ever again....
How come you got the fender and I didn't. That just is not fair.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't like the fact there's no phone #. That just seems weird to me!! Personally if i can't talk to someone i don't order from em. Just my opinion.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default My reply

Originally Posted by 05TC
Did you try to contact them by email. There is a contact us page. Plus when you order something the automatic conformation email has their number. I called them once becasue I was missing a screw in my mudguard kit, not there fault, and the guy expressed me the screw for free. As for phone numbers like the person below stated. Welcome to buying on the internet. If you have a phone number people hassle you buy placing the orders over the phone. This causes the company to hire someone to handle orders by phone. Which means higher prices. I trust the internet more then live people. Computers only mess up when you tell them too. Not to mention the electronic paper trail.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by farberio
I don't know...Charlie seems to be willing to work with anyone on parts, was the fender the only part that you were buying? I dropped almost $1K on that order so maybe they felt more compelled to give me what I wanted. I'll ask him the next time I am on the phone with him...
Old 07-23-2005, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by farberio
I don't know...Charlie seems to be willing to work with anyone on parts, was the fender the only part that you were buying? I dropped almost $1K on that order so maybe they felt more compelled to give me what I wanted. I'll ask him the next time I am on the phone with him...
Yeah thats all Im really lookint at now. Maybe a few other parts here and there but nothing worth 1K
Old 10-26-2012, 06:07 PM

Default ScionParts People

They are excellent. I have purchased genuine TRD and Scion parts from them with NO PROBLEMS! Very fast shipping and great prices. My Son works for a Toyota/Scion dealership, and they don't even give discounts on TRD parts to their employees! Everyone says they have no phone number or identity, and that is simply wrong. It is Toyota of Puyallup in Oregon, and someone one here posted their number! I have called them and gotten excellent service!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW 7 years ago was the last time this was active. Back from the great dead?