5 Year Member

Default This company is selling the SC right now

hey check this out!

http://www.newscionparts.com/product/?id=78
Old 09-30-2004, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hard saying. I think they just have it set up, so when it does come in they can start shipping it out.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:32 AM
Bel
5 Year Member

yes, but did u notice the price???? thats about 800 cheaper than what I heard.!!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bel
yes, but did u notice the price???? thats about 800 cheaper than what I heard.!!!!
Yeah. Its to early to tell though. The price might go up once they do get them in. If they do have it, then that is a good price.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, remember correctly that TRD "estimated" the stats on their supercharger "AND" the price for it...so, it's not suprising it's cheaper than expected...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

*edit*
Old 09-30-2004, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm hoping it puts out more than 200HP. I hope it can put 200HP to the wheels.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KrAuSeScIoN
sema starts in 4 days. maybe there will be a big announcement @ the show!
Hehe, you do know there is a month between september and november right?

It starts November 2nd.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if thats all it costs I'll for SURE get it! That would be real affordable for a supercharger ;) I dont wanna hafta pay like $4000-$5000 unless i get the front mount functional intercooler and stuff.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bel
They could price it at $1000, it doesn't really matter since they don't have it to sell.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That would be the part only price. You will still have to pay for install. That might jack it up the extra amount.

But that is the first official TRD listing I have seen. :D
It will be here.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

I've seen it other places for the same price.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

vaporware
Old 09-30-2004, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I take it you all are going to go for the factory supercharger? I don't know much about S/C's and T/C's, but I do recall reading several earlier reviews of the Scion supercharger and it being called not so great and something about it "thrashing" the stock engine.

Is anyone going to wait for a turbo? Personally I'd rather turbocharge my tC, and I'd rather have it done by an aftermarket company that specializes in that sort of thing, like GReddy or Turbonetics.

I am curious to see what companies are going to come out with what for this car.. it's got a hell of a lot of potential. Oh and please excuse the crudeness of this post, like I said I don't know a whole lot about turbos and S/C's; I've merely done a bit of reading on them, had a few drunken conversations with friends, and had an old supercharged Corrado that died on me all the time.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

"but I do recall reading several earlier reviews of the Scion supercharger and it being called not so great and something about it "thrashing" the stock engine. "

Nah, they all praised it, saying it added welcome low end power and boosted the mid-range power nicely.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know much about S/C's and T/C's, but I do recall reading several earlier reviews of the Scion supercharger and it being called not so great and something about it "thrashing" the stock engine.
Forced induction is the same either SC or TC'd. If the engine is going to get 'thrashed' as you say, it won't matter by which method you choose. Let's just hope that Toyota planned to boost the engine and gave us strong components in the engine to handle the extra compression

Personally I'd rather turbocharge my tC, and I'd rather have it done by an aftermarket company that specializes in that sort of thing, like GReddy or Turbonetics.
Well isn't that rather silly. You are saying that Toyota with it's 2.1 billion in rev. each year from the U.S. alone won't spend more on R&D then a small company like Greddy. Or that isn't as smart, etc. Personally I would take a Toyota engineered part over any aftermarket part any day. When Greddy can build, opperate, and race there Indy car in the Indy500 and finish the race, then I will give them more credit then Toyota. It's not that I don't believe in there parts, it's just your reasoning seems to fly in the face of logic.

And besides all of that, who is going to stand by you when the engine fails a ring because of some problem due to the SC. Greddy or Toyota?

I've owned my Toyota MR2 Turbo for 4 years now, and I would have to say that in my experience the TRD parts available are superior to the after market parts available. I've driven a number of MR2's with and without TRD parts, and I personally wish I had more of them on my car and would have picked them over the others I have on there now.

So don't just discredit or dismiss them immeditately.

-Richard
Old 09-30-2004, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

high compression pistons, new crankshaft, new cams, the stroker length, do a crazy NA setup anyone???

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Old 09-30-2004, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
high compression pistons, new crankshaft, new cams, the stroker length, do a crazy NA setup anyone???

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
And it will be A LOT slower and less streetable than a turbo or supercharger for the same amount of money and time spent.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Rivulent
Originally Posted by KrAuSeScIoN
sema starts in 4 days. maybe there will be a big announcement @ the show!
Hehe, you do know there is a month between september and november right?

It starts November 2nd.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 09-30-2004, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by apexjr
Well isn't that rather silly. You are saying that Toyota with it's 2.1 billion in rev. each year from the U.S. alone won't spend more on R&D then a small company like Greddy. Or that isn't as smart, etc. Personally I would take a Toyota engineered part over any aftermarket part any day. When Greddy can build, opperate, and race there Indy car in the Indy500 and finish the race, then I will give them more credit then Toyota. It's not that I don't believe in there parts, it's just your reasoning seems to fly in the face of logic.

And besides all of that, who is going to stand by you when the engine fails a ring because of some problem due to the SC. Greddy or Toyota?

I've owned my Toyota MR2 Turbo for 4 years now, and I would have to say that in my experience the TRD parts available are superior to the after market parts available. I've driven a number of MR2's with and without TRD parts, and I personally wish I had more of them on my car and would have picked them over the others I have on there now.

So don't just discredit or dismiss them immeditately.

-Richard

Wow, dude. You didn't have to bash me. All I was saying is that there are aftermarket companies renowned for their work in these types of parts as well. It's not always the best idea to go with factory options, although I do have a lot of respect for TRD parts and you can't beat getting a factory warrantied supercharger. I was simply commenting on alternatives and wondering what other people were planning on doing. Furthermore I didn't "dismiss" or "discredit" TRD parts in any way. All I'm saying is that I did read an early review somewhere, I don't remember exactly where, that the supercharger for the tC wasn't as great as it could be. Big deal!!! It's one review- one in a million that will be turning up within the next few months. There's no real way to tell until people start getting 'em installed and drive them every day, now is there. Didn't ask anyone to get their panties in a bunch over this, but it's nice to see you care.

Quick Reply: This company is selling the SC right now