Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

DAMN!!!!!!!! DEALER MAKING ME RE-SIGN CONTRACT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually depending on how long the financing is your difference in price is anywhere between 140-200 dollars. That .4% is an apr so it is added annualy to the remaining balance of the loan. If its a 60 mo loan for 17000 your differance in interest paid is roughly 200 dollars tell them to at least make that up to you cuz 100 bones isn't gonna cut it.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Play your own tactic and try to fuss at any changes in your payment plan, try to make the dealer eat the differnce, I know there is no neg on price, but i'm sure the dealer might give at that point not to lose a sale, and to have a car with miles come back to them.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also view your contract, if there is no part that says they have time to review than the deal is final because that almost happened to me but they were gonna raise mine by about 2.5% but since the contract was final they had to maintain the original rates. Always read your contract because sometimes they miss something and it can work out to your favor or theirs.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Default Re: DAMN!!!!!!!! DEALER MAKING ME RE-SIGN CONTRACT!

Originally Posted by Harman
Originally Posted by tC_kevin
Elmore toyota just called me and they are making me come over and re-sign the contract to raise my interest rate!!! I got approved for 5.40% and they said they are gonna raise it to 5.80%! this is BULL____! He said he will make it up to me by giving me a $100 scion gift cirtificate to use on parts. should i go and re-sign it?? If i dont, can they do anything about it?

im ____ed!
Don't get ____ that quick. I'll show you...

Let say you're currently financing $17,000 @5.4% Now, they want to raise .4% to 5.8% and they'll give you $100 gift certificate.

Therefore, .4% * $17000 = $68 compare with $100 gift.
You just make = $32
So, why not plug it in and see if you make any money?

You are aware that auto loans are not compounded 1 time over the length of the loan, right?

17000 over 5 years at 5.4% is: 323.94/month
17000 over 5 years at 5.8% is: 327.08/month

difference of 3.14/month * 60 months = $188.60

So you'd have to ask for a 188.61$ GC for this to be worth your while.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well said, check my above post thats what i said!A minimum 0f that would have to be given to satisfy and thats at 17000, add in tax tag title, accessories, whatever the total amount is is prolly around 200 bones maybe more
Old 04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.lendingtree.com

walked into the dealership with not only a quote but a check that was mailed to me, all had to do was sign it and hand it to the dealer. what a shock, they "found" a lower rate through a local bank. they can only offer you a lower rate than the scion rate if you have a quote for something lower. so take 15min filling out the stuff on lending tree, see if you get a lower quote from someone else, then march back into the dealer and tell him you're using your own lender. you'll either a) get the original rate or b) get a better rate than you walked in with. at the very least you can just opt to go with someone else (I think our loan offer was from eloan, but I'm not positive).

it's not very well conveyed that dealers can't offer you a better loan than what the "scion rate" is, unless you come in with something better (specifically, you must have an offer for a loan in hand for them to deal).

knowledge is power.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shane is right, my bad.

Dante, I did the samething and brought with me a blank capitalone check. In the end, TFS has the lowest rate and I, therefore, went with it. At least I know I was not scammed.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Harman
Shane is right, my bad.

Dante, I did the samething and brought with me a blank capitalone check. In the end, TFS has the lowest rate and I, therefore, went with it. At least I know I was not scammed.
we actually had a quote that was a full percentage point *lower* than the "Scion Rate". Its only after you show up with a better rate than Scion are they allowed to "shop you around" to various outside lenders. So we ended up with a loan from a 3rd party (bank), but was done through TFS. That's one of the few non-pure-pricing aspects of the whole deal, but once you find out about it you can definitely save some cash.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO GRAPHIC CONTENT
Old 04-15-2005, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MidLifeScionCrisis
All this talk of 0.4% and how much it costs???? Just pay CASH for it and be done with !!!
hey gramps, not all of us are old and miserly, we can't hobble into a dealership with a suitcase full of cash and drive off in a brand new car... besides, you're a smart guy, surely you could find some investment that'd beat 4% over the next 5 years. hell, even an index fund will average you somewhere around 7%, especially averaged over time like a 5 year span.

(j/k!!)
Old 04-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

Old 04-15-2005, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dante I hate to point out the obvoius but that was ZERO point 4 percent NOT 4 percent (less than half a percent) that they were discussing. So then unless you can pay CASH then it is the Lender that sets the rates and you have to pay the "piper" so to speak unless you can find a better deal somewhere else. I think I did have a 15.9 percent car loan in 1981 as I remember right (but since I am sooooo old the memory might be going but at the time 15.9 was a good deal for a car loan) so really you "youngsters" don't really have a clue how good you guys have it when it comes to rates for loans!!!

And to quote Michael Jackson Dante what you said "thats just ignorant"
pssst, was talking about paying cash vs a car loan... and since the average car loan is between 4 and 5% right about now, it'd be more fiscally responsible to take out a loan and put the $$ in a low fee index fund. might be time for a new set of reading glasses...

(and in case you missed the j/k, I"M JUST KIDDING!! not everybody can afford to walk into a dealership and pay cash, so loan rates are pretty important. sheesh.)
Old 04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by dante
Dante I hate to point out the obvoius but that was ZERO point 4 percent NOT 4 percent (less than half a percent) that they were discussing. So then unless you can pay CASH then it is the Lender that sets the rates and you have to pay the "piper" so to speak unless you can find a better deal somewhere else. I think I did have a 15.9 percent car loan in 1981 as I remember right (but since I am sooooo old the memory might be going but at the time 15.9 was a good deal for a car loan) so really you "youngsters" don't really have a clue how good you guys have it when it comes to rates for loans!!!

And to quote Michael Jackson Dante what you said "thats just ignorant"
pssst, was talking about paying cash vs a car loan... and since the average car loan is between 4 and 5% right about now, it'd be more fiscally responsible to take out a loan and put the $$ in a low fee index fund. might be time for a new set of reading glasses...

(and in case you missed the j/k, I"M JUST KIDDING!! not everybody can afford to walk into a dealership and pay cash, so loan rates are pretty important. sheesh.)
BTW, car loan average is not between 4 and 5 % nationally right now. In late march national average was about 6.5% - likely the same now
Old 04-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Banned
SL Member