Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Dealer scratched my rims 3 days after I got them...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

Default Dealer scratched my rims 3 days after I got them...

SO I got my brand new rims last sunday and put them on my car tuesday. So on friday took it in for my 5000 mile service, mirror fix (for the 5th time) and an alignment (since I had it lowered). The service guys were even talking about how much they liked my rims. I should have known right then that something bad was going to happen.

I dropped the car off before work so after work at 7 in the morning so I went to go pick it up at like 5:30. They were just getting started on it which kinda ____ed me off because I was one of the first ones in there. So I had to sit and wait.

So then the guy that was helping me comes out and looks like he is going to cry. He told me they scratched my front right wheel on the alignment machine. I guess he thought I was going to yell at him. I took it pretty well though. He told me is was only a scuff and they had a "wheel doctor" that could fix it for me. I told him as long as it looked like new that was fine and got my alignment for free.

SO I get my keys and go to look at it and there is a CHUNK taken out of the lip of the wheel. There is no way they are going to be able to fix that. So yesterday I talked to the service manager and he said they would buy me a new one. He wasn't happy though about the $300 one of them. They were really cool about it though...I didn't have to argue or anything.

Oh and my mirror is still not fixed. I think it has been replaced (or so they say) 3 times since I got the car. It won't auto dim. It doesn't bother me now that I have my 15% tint...but I still want it working right. I would have gotten the curtains if I knew it was going to be a problem...

Sorry to go on so long - Just had to tell the story

- The Chad

Old 09-08-2005, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

let me first tell you, those are sexy wheels, plus its very nice of them to cooperate with you and give you a new rim, congrats on the sexy car!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sucks, but at least they're going to replace them.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 AM

yeah man, sexy ___ wheels. don't wanna be ignorant, but what do you mean when you say you shoulda gotten the curtains lol......tell me the tc is goin' maybach style w/ privacy curtains in the back haha

Old 09-09-2005, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ugh, your drop looks pretty messed up. the front looks stock...at least you got your wheel figured out

whats wrong with your mirror?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dealer scratched my bumper when I got mine. They'll repair it free of charge the next time I go in.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ugh, your drop looks pretty messed up. the front looks stock
ya what is that?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldn't have taken it so well
Old 09-09-2005, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by slammed
ya what is that?
I think it's the way his car is parked on the grassy hill...?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sexy rims. sucks bout the dealer
Old 09-12-2005, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

Originally Posted by djmadhatter
yeah man, sexy butt wheels. don't wanna be ignorant, but what do you mean when you say you shoulda gotten the curtains lol......tell me the tc is goin' maybach style w/ privacy curtains in the back haha
Yea man. I got a nice pair of Indian pattern drapes to put in my car. hehe. No sorry I meant side curtain air bags...should have specified.

Originally Posted by xnevergiveinx
Yes that was at the End of Summer Scion Bash. The rear of my car was parked on a hill. It actually looked pretty cool because I was right next to the stage and my car was pointing downward at an angle.

Originally Posted by xnevergiveinx
whats wrong with your mirror?
My auto-dim mirror won't dim. It turns on and off during the day but it rarely ever works at night. I've taken it to the dealer like 4 times and they said they replaced it twice. Honestly I don't think they ever did. The first time they said that they replaced it my homelink still worked (dont you think if they replaced the mirror it would lose its programming?)
Old 09-12-2005, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the fact that you have 15% tint is obviously playing a role. Mine dimmed before when I had no tint, and now it doesn't dim with my 20% tint.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

^^^ If I take my mag light into the car and shine it right at the sensor it still doesn't work. It hasn't worked even before I got my tint done.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by indecisive311
^^^ If I take my mag light into the car and shine it right at the sensor it still doesn't work. It hasn't worked even before I got my tint done.
So even if you get one that does work, what good will it do with your tint on? You planning to shine your mag lite at it every time a car has their brights on behind you? Seems like an awfully minor item to get so upset about. Perhaps they aren't fixing it because there's nothing left to be fixed.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

I'm not upset that its not working. I'm upset because I have taken back more than once and its still not working. See? You obviously missed the point of the mag light to... what does bringing it in my car everytime some shines their brights have to do with anything? That makes no sense. I was just trying to prove that the mirror doesn't work even if I didn't have window tint.

Now that I have my tint I could care less if the mirror worked. The point is that if I paid $300 for the mirror then I expect it to work right...if I need it or not. Otherwise they can put a normal mirror in there and I can get my money back. There are times though like when trucks are behind me that I need it to work.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was sarcasm, being a fan of Homestarrunner, you should've gotten that. ;)

Keep in mind that the auto-dimming is not the only function of the mirror, nor IMO is it the most important. I think that the Homelink buttons are 10x more useful than the auto-dimming feature could ever hope to be. I understand that you're taking it back over and over, and that it's still not working but at this point you're walking a dangerous path -- insulting the very people who are working on your car. I don't know if those are the people I'd make angry.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

Sorry I thought you were making a stab at me...

Yes Homestar rules though

No definetly don't want to make the technicians angry. I know they probably already are from seeing my car in there a lot...but then again I've had the technicians come out and talk to me about my car and how much they like it. We'll see though.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well it's cool that you're on good terms with 'em then. I know my own experience was such that at the dealership where I bought my car, if they noted you as "troublesome," you always got treated like a dog. Needless to say, I have started goign to another dealership.

Nah not taking a stab at all, I know I come off a bit abrasive sometimes... I really need a sarcasm smiley.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe you should edit your title to include that the dealer IS ACTUALLY going to fix your rim. I've heard plenty of horror stories about trying to get something fixed or replaced at the dealership and getting the run-around. Sorry to hear about your mirror. With your tint and all, who knows if that will ever work right.