2005-2010 [ANT10]

Driving the tC in the snow????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You really shouldn't have much of a problem driving the tC in the snow, since it is FWD
This is true in theory, but the stock tires are all rim, no tire. Plus, they're wider than most tires on other FWDs, which means that the weight isn't as concentrated in a smaller area.

And, no offense, but your post says you are a future scion owner. How can you comment that she will have no problem in the snow with the tC if you don't own one yet? Seriously, I'm not trying to flame you- maybe that indicator is old and you own a tC now, but that just struck me as odd.

Oh yeah- miss-nita- sorry for calling you "man." If it makes you feel better, I call everyone (even females) man, man.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Haven't crashed - so pretty good!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I had (almost) the worst experience....I was driving from Dallas to El Paso for the holidays....It had snowed the day before so the highways were pretty iced up...(Being from the South I am not much of an experienced driver when it comes to snow and ice) I kept hitting ice pockets and my tC would kinda jerk....I thought that I was going to lose control and crash so I allowed my bf to drive since he has quicker reflexes. He was going about 35mph when traffic up ahead had slowed down...He tried to slowly come to a stop but as soon as he touched the brake we lost control...the car turned in a 90 degree angle and we slid. Luckily he regained control of the car before it ran into the ditch or the car in front of us (I know that if I was driving, my car would have been in the ditch). Oh boy, that was scary!!! I am not trying to scare you but I agree with everyone else...you should consider getting some tires (or chains) that can withstand the snow and ice.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member

And, no offense, but your post says you are a future scion owner. How can you comment that she will have no problem in the snow with the tC if you don't own one yet? Seriously, I'm not trying to flame you- maybe that indicator is old and you own a tC now, but that just struck me as odd.
Well, that's why I used the term "shouldn't" in my post, instead of "won't." It was purely speculation on my part, and I should have added a bit of a disclaimer. Seeing as how the physics of FWD still apply, my post will still apply.

Happy hunting.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: thanks so much

Originally Posted by miss-nita
Hey thanks for replying. Shout out to Jmiller20874. im from silverspring md. holla at me about what dealership you bought you tc at....
355 Scion in Rockville, great service, very friendly.
Also keep in mind (after reading some posts here) that no tire will help in icey conditions, best to just stay off the roads when it's that bad.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we just had a record snowfall for january here..it ended up somewhere between 45-50 inches for the month..something ridiculous like that...the quick throttle response took some getting used to but it's handled the snow very well..i wouldn't worry too much.