2005-2010 [ANT10]

DVD player in tC? & Pursuit Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DVD player in tC? & Pursuit Remote Starter

I was browsing my dealer's accessories page earlier and saw something interesting.

http://www.gatewayscion.com/en_US/f_...u3_1.chtml#dio

The page isn't updated with tC accessories, but if you go past the xA and xB accessories, it lists 'additional dealer-installed options'.

One is a Pursuit remote starter that I would be interested in. It goes for $699 and it says it includes keyless entry and an alarm. As I was already going to pay $469 for the Scion Security, I think it would be worth the extra $230 to get a remote starter. Is the alarm just as good as the Scion Security one though?

And if you go down farther it lists 4 different DVD player options:

Dual Headrest/Seatback Video system with 5. screens $1,650.00
Dual Headrest/Seatback Video system with 5.6. screens . Dual switching system
This allows each monitor independent video source selection. $2,195.00
Overhead Video system with 7. drop down screen $1,599.00
Overhead Video system with 8. drop down screen $1,699.00

I'd rather have the overhead system but is there even room in the tC between the two moonroofs to put it in? Or would I have to go with the headrest ones? Obviously with the reclining seats it'd be cool to have ;) Are the prices outrageous?

And obviously, as I asked before about security, the tC - along with a DVD player - would need some SERIOUS alarming. I hope the one with the remote starter is good.

Any comments or opinions would be great!
Old 09-05-2004, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Run away. Go to Best Buy or something. A GOOD remote start alarm with pager is like $400-500 installed. (Viper)

I'm pretty sure an overhead video screen in a tC is a physical impossibility, but they still get WAY too much money for it. Same thing, goto Best Buy or where ever, they have the headrest monitor system for $1500, installed for like $150. They also sell in-dash units as well.

The ONLY advantage of getting anything done through a dealer is that you can wrap it into your financing, but that means that you'll be spending literally twice as much for it once you factor in interest.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well honestly I'm not sure how much I trust someone's installation at Best Buy over what a dealer could do; ya, it would cost less, but what about quality?

Also, I don't know how soon I'd be able to come up with $400+ for a security system, so I'd like to get it included in the loan, as I'd like to have an alarm on it immediately.

Is the Pursuit remote starter + alarm good enough itself? Or do I also need to have the Scion Security system with it? Or should I just get the Scion Security system and then have Best Buy install a remote starter?

And as for the DVD player.. well.. I'd like to know if anyone thinks its even possible to have one hanging from the roof in the tC. I know it's probably not, but someone might know for sure.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

scion security sucks big time i cant see there starters any better. save the money and go with viper etc.. do a search you will find more info on alarms.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if a remote starter would void warranty?? anyone?
I was also wondering..if you remote start it, do you still put your key in the ignition
after you get in? :?