2005-2010 [ANT10]

Freakin Freeway debris

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Freakin Freeway debris

Just now coming back from work (7min drive on the freeway), freakin metal thing came out of nowhere and fuqed up my bumper. im in the middle lane going 70mph, boxed in between 2 cars, and a freakin raised suv in front of me, couldnt go left or right. i hit the brakes but didnt stop soon enough.
heres the aftermath. damned,

stupid junk

my poor bumper

called the insurance comp. pain in the ___. they wouldnt do $#!^
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same thing happened to be but it het my side skirt and tore 3 gouges through it about 6-9" long. Dealer says it will be about $500 to replace which is my deductible. I figure i'll wait until i'm about to sell it and replace it since its plastic and its not going to rust
Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i was gonna sell this and put some more money on it and get the Kami kit, well not anymore i guess.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

happen to my hood. State won't even pay for it since it their property hitting my property.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So much money in taxes and they can't keep the roads clean much less in good shape.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch. I had something similar happen to me twice. One time it was something rubber and luckily all it left was a gigantic "skid" mark down my entire side skirt. was able to easily fix it. Another time I piece of, what looked like, drift wood popped out from under the car infront of me. It split in half and one bit stayed down while the other went flying above my car, and luckily cleared it too. Scared the sh out of me.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dj, what freeway was it? Some freeways round here are terrible for road debris. I commute on the 101 every day and I have never hit anything, but I travelled on the Long Beach Freeway ONCE and I struck a cardboard box which was placed squarely in my lane. I was in a similar position where I couldn't go left or right - there was a wall on the left and a car on the right. The box was large enough to contain a good sized TV, but thank god the box was empty.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:13 AM
SL Member

in south florida, there's a lot of construction work that goes around on the roads to free u congestions. my sister once ran over a nail in I-95 during a rain session. she skid and crashed into the rail gaurds. luckily, she survived with only a whiplash. state made us pay for the rail guard damage... this doesn't include the fact we had to repair the car and send her to spinal therapy. uber gehyness.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's when you stop the car, get out, and in your deepest SLO-MO voice, yell "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by flintgauge86
that's when you stop the car, get out, and in your deepest SLO-MO voice, yell "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!
lol, i think she was in too much pain to get out if she wanted to. i sure would have put my fair share of baaaad words if i was in her shoes. oh yah, forgot to mention. this accident happened at night when she was getting back from work.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

same thing happend to me on the 118, my god stoopid 2x4 made a gash in my rims and my right side skirt -.- grrrrrr. AND some idiot parked his BIGA$$ truck on the side of the road, and i got pushed over and i hit my ride side mirror. my god sigh.....

we spend so much time trying to protect our babies and this is how we get treated. sigh
Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RodC
Dj, what freeway was it? Some freeways round here are terrible for road debris. I commute on the 101 every day and I have never hit anything, but I travelled on the Long Beach Freeway ONCE and I struck a cardboard box which was placed squarely in my lane. I was in a similar position where I couldn't go left or right - there was a wall on the left and a car on the right. The box was large enough to contain a good sized TV, but thank god the box was empty.

dude it happened on the 210. the cleanest and emptiest freeway ever. i know some ppl at CHP and LAPD and the city. imma call tomorrow and see what thy can do about it. ohh btw the good thing is that its just the lip that got damaged. so its only gonna cost me arouns 100 bucks to fix it. if the city pays for it, ill add some more ____ to it. (hopefully get enough money for Kami kit)
Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I've driven all over the country, and no other city in this country has as much trash on the freeways as LA. It's not the state's fault, since we get a budget just like everyone else.

People around here are so "political" blaming president bush for power outages and dog poop on the site walk, they forget to look at how inefficiently our local politicians run our city. We lead the charge for green clean, gun laws, and left wing government... Yet we lead the fashion trends with sports cars and SUV's, we have a massive traffic and smog problem, our streets are littered with garbage, we have a HUGE crime and gang problem, and we seem to get nothing done with huge state and local budgets. In fact, some gangmember shot an infant today (if you saw the news). The bullet was intended for someone else, but still...

The people, the government, the culture... It all sucks in LA. There are definitely some cool people here, but they are in the minority.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, what's up with LA freeways and road debris? We should all write to the city.

Btw, I heard that the only people who can be held responsible are the people who dropped the debris, and that is obviously only possible if you have evidence. There have been cases of death on LA freeways caused by crashing into large or heavy items dropped from trucks, and neither the city nor Cal Trans will take any responsibility. It was on the local news recently.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 AM
SL Member

buy a front end mask.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by DjEzE
dude it happened on the 210. the cleanest and emptiest freeway ever. i know some ppl at CHP and LAPD and the city. imma call tomorrow and see what thy can do about it. ohh btw the good thing is that its just the lip that got damaged. so its only gonna cost me arouns 100 bucks to fix it. if the city pays for it, ill add some more poop to it. (hopefully get enough money for Kami kit)
I'll save you some time: the city won't pay for it because they don't maintain the freeways. Your only option is to contact CalTrans @ 213.897.3656

Good luck.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ According to a CalTrans rep on the Channel 7 news, CalTrans takes no responsibility in situations like this.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by RodC
^ According to a CalTrans rep on the Channel 7 news, CalTrans takes no responsibility in situations like this.
That's not surprising, I figured there is no recourse for this type of incident. Oh well, that's why we have insurance.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 PM
SL Member

okay, then what the $%^# is the purpose of CalTran? be there to collect money but not do jack squat? i say, end the stupid organization if it aint gonna help for beans.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by MilanoRed
okay, then what the $%^# is the purpose of CalTran? be there to collect money but not do jack squat? i say, end the stupid organization if it aint gonna help for beans.
Caltrans does an adequate job for the rest of the state. My gut intuition is that it is the sheer amount of junk here, that makes them unable to keep up. Just take a look at all the overloaded pick ups. Just wait until they legalize the trucks from Mexico... But it's not like the illegals already here aren't contributing to the problem. The dirty roads are merely just a symptom of a much larger social and political failure.

Quick Reply: Freakin Freeway debris