Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

GAS mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member

Default GAS mileage?

my second post~~~

i'm pretty sure this issue was talked about, but i couldn't find.

it seems like tC is using lotta gas. is it regular gas? i've heard the rumor that the actual numbers for gas is lower than what is listed. (i think 23/30 miles per gallon)

i know there aren't perfect cars, but just trying to find the pros and cons of all the cars i'm considering.
(RSX, SRT-4, WRX, IS-300, maybe cooper-s?)

these days, i'm leaning more towards rsx.... but tC has too much to offer.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How can you not find it? Also, you could search on edmunds or something about this hahaha. Yes it takes regular =p do better research.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member

The cooper s and srt-4 are premium gas also, and I can tell you from reading srt forums that they are pretty much all getting well under the advertised mpg.

As for the WRX, it is also premium gas, and having owned one before I can tell you the gas mileage is not horrible, but as with the SRT-4, the temptation to drive it hard on a regular basis will hurt the mileage a lot.

I like the TC because you can use regular gas in stock form and do not have to worry about going to premium unless you decide to go with the supercharger. Not to mention if you get the blower and drive it same way you did before, you shouldn't notice any change in mileage, so the extra 20 cents a gallon for premium won't hurt too much.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have a feeling that the numbers toyota is putting out are lower than what the numbers the EPA will get, which makes me think the numbers are somewhat reliable. I was watching MotorWeek this last weekend and they were talking about a long term test car that was getting less than the EPA mpg and noted that in the real world no one drives at the "slow speed" the EPA uses to get their numbers. My guess is that the manufactuer would want to be conservative in their estimates before the EPA does its test so as not to be embarrased if their numbers where too high. Anyway, that's my guess.