Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Got ticketed for wrong reason.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OP, are you saying fines/punishment for not having a front plate is less than not having proper registration, and you're trying to get it switched to the proper infraction?
Old 03-04-2010, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skratchy_Seal
OP, are you saying fines/punishment for not having a front plate is less than not having proper registration, and you're trying to get it switched to the proper infraction?
Yes I do believe receiving an infraction for not having proper registration is more severe than not having a front license plate (I may be wrong, it's just my opinion). Whether I get the ticket switched to the proper infraction is up to the judge, I just want to make it clear that the cop made a big error oh his part.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hsua
Yes I do believe receiving an infraction for not having proper registration is more severe than not having a front license plate (I may be wrong, it's just my opinion). Whether I get the ticket switched to the proper infraction is up to the judge, I just want to make it clear that the cop made a big error oh his part.
no you are correct no front plate is just a $25.00 fix it ticket... i had one a few years ago (in WA) you just show you have a plate on now and the ticket goes away.
and i would like to add that this guy was not just doing his job which is to serve and protect, he was being an a-h*le signing felonious tickets and harrassing tax payers. thats not what the system was set up for
Old 03-17-2010, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just own up to breaking a law you know as in place. Don't try to "fight it" when you know damn well you were in the wrong. People like you ____ me off, trying to say "well I wasn't in the wrong for breaking a silly law", just pay the fine for getting caught. Its not that hard to be a man and have a bit of integrity.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
Just own up to breaking a law you know as in place. Don't try to "fight it" when you know damn well you were in the wrong. People like you ____ me off, trying to say "well I wasn't in the wrong for breaking a silly law", just pay the fine for getting caught. Its not that hard to be a man and have a bit of integrity.
WOW.... did you even read this thread?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only read the first page, tell us how it goes. Im rooting for you.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Funny thing about "harassing taxpayers"- If the OP had a front plate like the law dictated, this would be a non-issue.
Usually I'm all for taking your lumps- because the cop might have written down the wrong color or something- but chances are you still did something illegal. BS or lying your way out of it isn't cool.

But for this one....I think you should take it to court because a 100 dollar difference and a different offense is a pretty big deal. Good Luck!!

Last edited by Brunes; 03-17-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Put your front plate on and go to court. Tell the judge that the officer told you the ticket was for no plates but cited you for the wrong offense. Pay the minor fix-it ticket and move on.

If the judge doesn’t agree to switch the type of ticket, then proceed with your case. Show a signed copy of your registration. Ask them to prove that your registration was not signed at the time of the traffic stop. A traffic stop that only occurred because you did not have a front license plate….

If you can be fined $125 for not having your signature on a piece of paper, then they need to prove that you are guilty. Did the officer make a photocopy of your unsigned registration? Did the officer take possession of this piece of paper, to be used as evidence to prove a crime occurred?

On a lighter side… What do you think they would do if you gave them an unsigned check?
Old 05-08-2010, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I'll end this.

What is the job of a police officer?
To uphold the law.

Is it illegal to drive a Washington State registered vehicle, on Washington State public roads without a front plate?
Yes.

Did you drive your Washington State registered vehicle, on Washington State public roads?
Yes.

Did you break the law?
Yes.

Did the cop reprimand you for breaking the law?
Yes.

Pay the fine and quit crying.

/thread

I would love it if the courts would stop lowering tickets when people try to fight them. Maybe then, people would actually learn how to drive.
The OP clearly stated he didnt care about paying for THAT ticket. But he got a ticket for something he did not do, and wants to fight it. Makes sense right? If you got pulled over for a busted headlight and got a DUI when you were sober as a bird you would fight it.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Break the law ,pay the fine. I use to tuck my license plate under my gixxer tail because it looked nice. I got ticketed twice for 90.00 and i paid them both. I understood i was in the wrong and didn't whine about it.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TTCCC
Break the law ,pay the fine. I use to tuck my license plate under my gixxer tail because it looked nice. I got ticketed twice for 90.00 and i paid them both. I understood i was in the wrong and didn't whine about it.
again, you missed the part where he said he would gladly pay the ticket for the thing he did wrong. He is talking about fighting something he did not do. Why are people having so much trouble with this?
Old 05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
What's the officers name? I'm going to e-mail this thread to him and suggest that he raises the fine.
Dude chill the ___ out!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CLT-tc
no you are correct no front plate is just a $25.00 fix it ticket... i had one a few years ago (in WA) you just show you have a plate on now and the ticket goes away.
and i would like to add that this guy was not just doing his job which is to serve and protect, he was being an a-h*le signing felonious tickets and harrassing tax payers. thats not what the system was set up for
Fight the Ticket Forget these smarta__ on here with there holier than thou Crap do what you think is right at the end of the day thats all we can do
Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

To the OP, From what I understand is that the license plates is indeed apart of your registration. You failed to display yours, you got a ticket, and a 125 ticket sound right, you figure its about a 60.00 ticket + court fee's etc = 125.

Just learn your lesson, and pay the ticket. Not worth wasting a whole entire day at court. esp. if you have to take off work to do so.

Not trying to bash your nor anything, If it was me i just pay it and move on.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
is this your stance on EVERY ticket thread?

I'm not going to argue with you this time, for the sake of not turning this into an epic although it already has epic proportions, but for goodness sake the "be a man..." rhetoric is a bit played out.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bikerdude1550
Fight the Ticket Forget these smarta__ on here with there holier than thou Crap do what you think is right at the end of the day thats all we can do
why did you quote me?

why are all of you responding to this thread without reading it first. its not a question of should he pay or not, the cop made something up.