Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Has anyone fixed the rattles on their tC's yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i live in ny, ima just drive myself crazy by trying to find where all the rattles are coming from and then tryin to fix it....for me i fix my rattles by turning up the radio
Old 06-30-2007, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My problem i have is i have a ghost squeak from my dash. It picks which bumps it wants to squeak and it is about dead center in the dash. Its extreamly high pitched and just drives me INSANE!!! Ive had my car at the dealership several times about this and had it confirmed by the service writer, but they allways say we cant do anyhting about it. This last time they said well you can put up with it, i mean its alot of work tearing a dash out..... If i could put up with it, i wouldnt come up there so often for a ____ing squeak now would i..... Little noises i can tolerate. Blatent noises that should not occour, i CANT ____ING STAND!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ there is a fix for that somewhere around here. Put some mounting tape on the top of the back of the center console and it will eliminate it. The vent holes have mobility. Put some padding under the vent holes and you'll be set. The fix is around here somewhere
Old 07-01-2007, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

i might be saying bye to the tC if the dealership cant fix this crap. it sucks cause it makes me feel like im driving a cheap car (which i might be) i love the design and all but they really didnt give a sh*t when they were making this.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by imagin
My problem i have is i have a ghost squeak from my dash. It picks which bumps it wants to squeak and it is about dead center in the dash. Its extreamly high pitched and just drives me INSANE!!! Ive had my car at the dealership several times about this and had it confirmed by the service writer, but they allways say we cant do anyhting about it. This last time they said well you can put up with it, i mean its alot of work tearing a dash out..... If i could put up with it, i wouldnt come up there so often for a flippin' squeak now would i..... Little noises i can tolerate. Blatent noises that should not occour, i CANT flippin' STAND!!!!
You should have fliped on them, I can't belive the dealers are that lazy and are unwilling to fix a problem. If it is under warranty you should keep bugging them untill they all know your name.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:40 PM

Default tC rattle fix

I had the same rattle/noise issues that everyone's been talking about. I took my tC three times into the dealership to get it fixed and each time, the failed to fix it. The last time I took it in, the Toyota service tech said he'd have to keep it for about a month and probably weld something in the structure of the car. I wasn't going for that so I came up with the only fix I can think of.

I sold the tC and bought and Audi A3. Now I'm motoring in a rattle and noise free car with a 200 hp turbo charged engine. Sure the A3 was a little more, but the quality is so much better than the tC. That'll probably be the last Toyota I ever buy.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

have yet to take mine in yet. I need to soon!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just to inform you all its a car.. and a scion.. now i love mine dont get me wrong but everycar has noises and rattles.. i work for lexus and u dont even want me to go into what they come in and complain about.. and yes it is insane.. there is a TSB out for the sunroof makin rattles.. the fix requires the entire roof to come out.. and sunroof everything.. and by putting felt on everything i had it done at my work there is a lot of work involed but it makes some what of a change and yet i still hear noises.. now its not that loud anymore but i still hear them yes..
Old 07-15-2007, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

give me the spec tC roof, i dont use my sunroof anyways!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Finally took it to the dealer and they replaced the rear passanger glass. Also put some foam tape on around the edges and foam tape on the inside of the headliner next to the sunroof and all along the side. So far it seems to have worked. They say if it needs more padding let them know. I might take it in again to get some more. I also had the sidemarker light go out along with the a/c shaking the sh*t out of my car when its on. So far, all have been ok. I got it back around 6pm today. Ill drive it around for a week or so to see if i need to take it back.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Jeez...they're just a bunch of squeeks and rattles. Yes they are annoying. But making 'em go away is simple if you do what I do.
I pretend that my girlfriend is in the passenger seat rambling on about how bad work was and the annoying new intern and what happened on "Rock of Love" and what colors she want to paint the bedroom.....and magically, all the squeeks and rattles turn into a soft white noise which is much easier to tune out.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turn the radio up, easy free fix ;P
it's nothing major really at least for me. except on bumpy roads mine doesn't rattle, and i can't hear it anyway
Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Put on Toxicity trac num. 1-4 all you'll be set
Old 07-31-2007, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

my slight hatch rattle doesn't bug me much, the only one that did cause me to have two bald spots in each side of my head was the radio door thing which with time I fixed, but now I have a new noise that kills me...

my Alpine HU is rattling. The button/device that pops the face of the unit rattles constantly and is completely annoying. I don’t even know where to begin to fix that.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

^^ buy my HU that i have for sale in my sig, same as yours without the rattling
Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

yeah I would but I'm really short on cash untill school starts
Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

that and I only paid 100 for it new...
Old 07-31-2007, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've only fixed my hatch rattle for now. Basically it is the 3 tan interior trim pieces that go around the hatch. The plastic spines on the back of them rattle agains the metal frame that they clip to and rest against. You also need to place some type of adhesive rubber stripping in a few other locations (hatch rest point) which prevents the hatch from bouncing up and down.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been in and out of the dealerships for the roof rattling problem as well. I've tried 3 times to let them fix it in which they've always failed. I pursued arbitration under their recommendation in which I lost. =( I took my car in again which they kept it for another 12 days during which they replaced the roof housing sub-assembly for the second time and fixed broken welds. It doesn't seem like just a cosmetic issue anymore. The rattles came back a day later. I'm now hiring an attorney. I hope it turns out better this time.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my sun roof rattels just at a idal. also anttime my rpm reach over 3000 somewhere in my driverside compartment i het a wicked vibarction rattel noise witch drived me nuts. I think it is somewhere around the gas pedel cause i tweaked it and it stoped for a day but now its back. so anytime i do over 70 the noise comes back.so if i cruse at 65 i'm good

Quick Reply: Has anyone fixed the rattles on their tC's yet?