2005-2010 [ANT10]

Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help

So I was trying to click the panic button on my key to locate my car in the parking lot and the panic button isn't working. I don't have the scion security system. Also when I lock my car, only the lights flicker once or twice. There is no beep or any sound. THe manual makes it seem like the panic button is supposed to go off regardless as to wether you have the security system or not.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure about the panic thing, but its not supposed to beep when u lock it.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member

Did you HOLD DOWN the panic button (3+ seconds)?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the keyless remote has only 50" of operational range, meaning you can be too far away from your car to have it activated (to unlock your car.) I think this is the case to protect you from theft (someone might get your key you lost, and try to find it in a parking lot.)

I've heard this though, maybe enhace your key's transmit distance:
Put that remote transponder under your chain, and stick your tougue out, and then click the button, see if the distance is further.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

50'' = inches? if that's so that's too short cause i tried it it worked for like 40 meters
Old 02-21-2005, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
Scikotics
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

it will work more than 50 inches
however you do have to hold the button down for like 3 to 5 seconds
Old 02-21-2005, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks. Its was the hold down 3+ seconds thing. I didn't know that. I was woondering why it wasn't working. Works great now.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdballer69
50'' = inches? if that's so that's too short cause i tried it it worked for like 40 meters
i think he meant 50 feet. i have had alot of success with the transmitter working at a long distance, i use the panic button to find my car in the lot all the time. one time i used it at the mall, just when it went off, mall security was right next to my car, they got out and looked into my car with a flashlight, i had to explain to them what happened.

it may be possible to extend the range, i'll check tomorrow, the module for the remote reciever is on the drivers side, behind the panel in the back just about the back speaker. maybe you could add some wire to the antenna in there...just a thought, i'll check it out tomorrow
Old 02-21-2005, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is it just me or do the stock lights suck ___ on a rainy night. On a normal day light, its ok. Its not excellent but on a rainy night, I can't see ____. I mean seriously. THis would be the headlights. I can see ahead of me just not well. In my parents SUV the headlights are bright and I can see really well. WHat do you guys think.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I work on the 8th floor of my building and my office faces my car in the parking lot. My co-workers and I like to stand at my office window and set off the panic button when people walk past my car. Yeah, we get that bored.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bubblemyster
Is it just me or do the stock lights suck ___ on a rainy night. On a normal day light, its ok. Its not excellent but on a rainy night, I can't see ____. I mean seriously. THis would be the headlights. I can see ahead of me just not well. In my parents SUV the headlights are bright and I can see really well. WHat do you guys think.
Holy off-topic Batman!!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So i was totally dissapointed today. WHen I got my e-mail from scion.com regarding this same question, their answer was that the panic button won't work unless you have the scion security system. Geez. Glad to know there are people up that i can count on.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bubblemyster
Go aftermarket bulbs. I suggest Silverstars, other people will argue Nokya. If you have 100.00 to drop on them, you can't go wrong with PIAA.