how dare you call my tC a girl car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rmccormi
Originally Posted by tc_wannabe
Rule #1: MEN don't care what sale people said.

Rule #2: Repeat rule #1.
Rule #3: NEVER tell Chuck Norris his tC is a girl car.....unless you want an extremely lethal roundhouse kick that could bring Elvis back to life

Old 05-20-2006, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Superinc_tC
almost all the light color tCs are females .... at least most of them are cute.
good point. not to pigeon hole the car as masculine or feminine, but from my experience it does kind of come down to color....the sw, bcp, and ap in and around my area are all driven by chicks (some bsps too but then they usually have some gawd awful stickers on the rear side windows). i never see chicks driving a release series, a fm or any of the numerous blues.
(just my experience)

[/tongueincheek]
Old 05-22-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I was just at a local pizza place earlier today and I went throught drive thru window. These girls are hanging out of the window looking at my car. When I pulled up they were telling me how "pretty" and "cute" my car was, but that's just girl talk for your car is damn sexy. The only thing that bothered me was this dumb girl thought that the tC was a replacement for the toyota celica. I tried to correct her, but she wouldn't listen. Oh well...

I agree about the thing with the colors. The lighter colors seem to attract more of the girl drivers. At least that is my experience driving around town.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by PunkInDrublic
Originally Posted by RoryC

Apreciate the feed back though. In my eyes it is a girl car...b/c all the girls love it, and my backseat has gotten plenty of use.

- #1 Girly-man
You been camping out in the tC I take it?
i be camping too with all da chicks :D
Old 05-22-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I only read the first page but...Toyota in general imo makes girly cares. Toyota and Lexus cars have a very very smooth power curve. My parents have an '06 ES and I absolutely HATE driving it. The power curve is so smooth that it really doesn't just "go" until I hit over 3500 rpm. The tC however is unlike other Toyotas. Its power curve feels much more like a Hondas....you touch the accelerator and you instantly feel power if you're over 2k rpm.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by isabel
Originally Posted by Superinc_tC
almost all the light color tCs are females .... atleast most of them are cute.
GIRL'S opinion:

Actually, I agree. I think that classic silver metallic and azure pearl look a little more "girly" to me for some reason?

I also think that black, flint mica (the dark grey), and the nautical blue look more "boyish".

I'm half and half on the tC being a girl car. It depends what color you get. And adding something like a ped wing makes it more "boy"ish.

I admit that I think the VW Beetle (especially in lime green) and the Celica are very girly looking cars to me.

Just my two cents.
I agree and disagree. I have an AP and happen to have two ***** and a shaft. Yes, they color when stock was a little light to be considered a MAN"S car....but with rims, lowered, spoiler, etc, my gf hates it and most of the guys im friends with, and even some im not, like it and respect it!