Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

how do you change the stereo display color in tC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
OhioScions

Default how do you change the stereo display color in tC?

I may have missed this, but i was pretty sure you could change the color of the stereo head unit display. It was talked about in some of the car magazines and online reviews but its nowhere to be found in the manual and i couldnt figure it out by trying combinations of buttons.

Anyone do this on the tC?
Old 12-31-2004, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member

I can do it on mine. You need to have the 6 disc CD changer, then just push the color button.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
OhioScions

oh wait you have to have the 6 disc changed, isnt the head unit the same if u do or dont have the changer. maybe i missed it but im pretty sure i dont have a "color" button no the head unit... :?
Old 12-31-2004, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no...they lied to us! they told me mine would change colors, but thats the 6-cd changer not the one we got stock. :-(
Old 12-31-2004, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
OhioScions

i know its minor, but being a scion owner i think i already the prereq for being **** about my car ( i considered it more passionate than **** ) but if so that is some serious bs and false advertising, beside the fact that you can fit about 12 full cds onto one mp3 cd and i think 6 disc changers are pointless. technically if you advertise something as being standard shouldnt that mean you dont have to pay extra (pure pricing conflict here) to have that feature? maybe some of my lawyer friends here can interpret this correctly :?
Old 12-31-2004, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

exactly. but then again, i shouldn't have listened to anything the dealer said. this i had learned at the first dealer i went to. (one of the two who screwed me). i should've asked the guy I actually bought my car from, but i didn't think the other people were lying.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

stevux:

BS and False Advertising?? WTF? Come on man, it is never listed as a "standard" feature. On the website and every damn product brochure it is clearly stated that the 6-disc changer is the only HU with color changing capability. If the dealer told you otherwise, then so be-it, bring it up with him. Dealers will say anything to sell a car.

Enjoy the car and don't be that ****, just be sure to actually TRY out the features of the car before you spend money on it. I mean I'm sure the dealer gave you a chance to drive the car and play with it before you signed. There was your oppurtunity to try out the color changing feature.

Not to sound bitter, I just hate hearing people complain about "false advertising" and such when it's really just an oversight on their part.