5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

BIG Congrat's, LilJohn!!!

Scott
Old 02-20-2006, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

thank you slboettcher, so far so good. ScionLife is the best and is my new home now.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

^^^ Any pix of your FM/tC?

Scott
Old 02-21-2006, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member

Going down to claim an SW tomorrow with a 100 deposit cash so no problems with checks and will be adding ground effects, trd springs, pedestal spoiler, and auto-dimming mirror. It's supposed to arrive on 3/3 but my final decision to buy won't be made until shortly before then. Anyone know of problems getting the refundable deposit back if one decides not to purchase?
Old 02-22-2006, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member

Nevermind, dude wasn't there and I wanted written confirmation of the refundable deposit so he had his partner take my invoice and he would put my name on it without the need for a deposit.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member

I have been a long time registered user of the forum but never really posted. I bought an xB and had it shipped to me in Saint Louis almost three years ago. It was a leap of faith, and one of the best car purchases I have made.

I was so impressed with my xB in fact, that I just ordered a Flint Mica TC. Unfortunately, I am selling the xB to make room for the new baby in the garage, but I can't wait. I have ordered springs, wheels and new tires, and I am thinking I will have them before the car even gets here.

One thing I have noticed while lurking around is there seems to be a TON of automatic owners on the forum. I haven't had a slush box in years, and I ordered a stick for my FM. Is there something I am missing? Is there a reason folks are avoiding the manual tranny? Or is it just a coincidence.

Anyway, I will post pics when I get her. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

^^^ I'd say most are stickies here - us otto's have to listen to their crap all the time...

Scott - without a pumped left left leg in LA
Old 02-22-2006, 09:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i ordered a BSP tC a month ago..
i am just waiting now... they said by March...
we'll see!
Old 02-22-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stlouisscionguy
Is there a reason folks are avoiding the manual tranny?
I think it's partly due to the fact that a lot of the target market can't drive a stick, they never had to learn how. Also, a lot of people have to spend hours commuting daily in stop-and-go traffic, where an automatic is most welcome.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just got my csm tc two days ago.

i drove an 04 civic coupe, mostly stock, azenis rt-615s, bunch of suspension mods. drove it 47k miles in 2 years, abused it a lot, and the tranny finally decided to give out (manual).

wanted a wrx wagon, started looking, realized i didn't want used (because people drive the ____ outta those), and new was gonna come to around 27k with tax and all.

then i went to check out the new civic si, but since its new, and theres 2 honda dealers in town, the civic si without nav plus added high performance tires with an msrp of 20190, was marked up to 25522.

test drove the tc, started working with one dealer, they wanted me to buy the fm 5spd with side airbags that they had, i didnt want it, so i went and bought a csm 5spd + ipod stereo at another dealer for 17000. been driving it a lot, 250 miles in 2 days, and i love it, love having torque.

it seems like a very well built car (most toyotas are, 4 in the family now), and as long as it doesn't start rattling a lot, i'll be happy with it, just with a few suspension mods. i dont think i'll lower it though, the civic was 2 inches lower than stock, and a pain to drive in my area.

that was kinda long, sorry.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mandangalo
then i went to check out the new civic si, but since its new, and theres 2 honda dealers in town, the civic si without nav plus added high performance tires with an msrp of 20190, was marked up to 25522.
Glad you stated that, as I don't think everyone realizes just how much they're asking for the new SI...plus tax on top of that figure.

I compared with a regular LX coupe, which doesn't have anywhere near the amount of standard features the tC does, nor the power, yet I got the tC for just $200 more than what the dealer said was his best price on the Civic LX.

About lowering, I understand what you mean and that you don't want to have a rough ride. Thing is, the tC has a fairly big wheelwell gap, so lowering really helps the appearance. I got the TRD springs and found they made the ride much firmer than I'd anticipated, so if you ever do decide to lower it, look for springs that maintain the stock spring rate, such that your ride quality won't be compromised.

Congrats, and enjoy your new tC! :D
Old 02-23-2006, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

got my new tC on monday. black cherry...i love it
Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nodsetse
Glad you stated that, as I don't think everyone realizes just how much they're asking for the new SI...plus tax on top of that figure.

I compared with a regular LX coupe, which doesn't have anywhere near the amount of standard features the tC does, nor the power, yet I got the tC for just $200 more than what the dealer said was his best price on the Civic LX.

About lowering, I understand what you mean and that you don't want to have a rough ride. Thing is, the tC has a fairly big wheelwell gap, so lowering really helps the appearance. I got the TRD springs and found they made the ride much firmer than I'd anticipated, so if you ever do decide to lower it, look for springs that maintain the stock spring rate, such that your ride quality won't be compromised.

yeah, i dont really care if the ride is harsh or whatever, i mean my civic was built to autocross, and won me a few trophies, its just that with the amount and type of driving i do, i dont want it to be that low. the civic's stock wheel gap was literally 2x that of the tC.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had my tC for almost a month now. I got a chance to wash it the other day and snapped a few pics of my cars with a D50.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice shiny tC. I have the same color. I went with the lip spoiler, myself.
Nice Supra, too. I would love to have one of those to play with. Would really like to get my grubby little mitts on a 98 Turbo someday and a mid 90s MR2 Turbo.
Fun, fun, fun til the police take my license away......
Old 02-26-2006, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member

i got my 06 nautical blue tc on 2/7 for my birthday.
my bday was actually 2/8 but i couldnt wait to take it home. I love it!!!
ill try to post pics later.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member

these looked huge. i tried to resize them but they still look big. sorry.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member

nevermind. i figured it out. ill add more later. im sooo exited
Old 02-26-2006, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by nodsetse

how low did u lower ur tC? and how much did it cost u in all
Old 02-26-2006, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member

I can finally put somthing on this side of the forum. just sold my xb and ordered my tc should be here in like to more weeks!!! Cants wait!!!!! I hope i like it as much as i did my xb.

Quick Reply: The "I AM GETTING / HAVE A NEW tC!!" Thread