Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Just ordered my TC have a couple of questions???

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just ordered my TC have a couple of questions???

Ok i ordered my Black pearl color wit just the OBX racing pedals accessory...the dealer had no idea when this car will be in....anyone know on what the status is if u have recently ordered a tc??? He says it shouldnt be more than 2 weeks but im hopin hes right cause i got a full time job wit no car to drive..so i cant depend on rides for a month..plus the wifey will kill me if i take her car away from her haha....

ANd do u think the ground effects for $995 are worth it?? or u think i should wait till aftermarket??? I saw some pics and it really doesnt look like the car has changed much other than the front side..im debating..

And whats ur prediction about what body kit will come out first for our cars?? Im hoping its NOT Blitz!!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off, 2 weeks sounds about right. I was told by the nd of July at the latest...just depends on when they get their allocations in.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of body kits coming out for it....so, I'd wait, but personally, I won't be adding any....
Old 06-29-2004, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member

I ordered my tC in Chattanooga TN on June 11th and am still waiting on mine! I am a VERY impatient person too, so it's KILLIN me to not be able to cruise around! My dealer, I understand, can't make the car get here any sooner, but it would be nice if Scion gave a little more info to the dealers regarding a time frame! I think that Scion ought to be able to build a car to my specs and get it to my dealer in under a month ... is that so unreasonable???? (The month mark is FAST approaching!) Anyway .... good luck in getting your tC soon! I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same boat we are!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya what the dealers should do is....if the car doesnt come in in 2 weeks they should provide u with a rental car...i mean theres people like myself that dont have a 2nd car to drive....so they should at least consider givin us a rental car..i dont care what kind of car they give as long as it takes me to point a to point b
Old 06-29-2004, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You would think Scion could produce the cars in a more timely fashion being that the car is mono spec with only the transmission and color coming from Japan. Everything else is done by the port or dealer. So w/o many options, the dealer should be able to tell the Port what is needed, and the port installs the options and ships it.

Kevin
Old 06-29-2004, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your looking at about another month all the tc's are going back to the factory to get their sunroof shades replaced.... j/p two weeks does sound right...