2005-2010 [ANT10]

Just Venting... : (

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just Venting... : (

Some you guys know I have an STI as my project / weekend car. Just to let everyone know this story started over 2 years ago. The STI was brand spanking new when I bought it. Well I had let my dad borrow my STI one day to go pick up somethings he needed. No one else has ever driven that car. Idk why I let him. I was out the whole day with my ex girlfriend. We took my turbo'd eg instead. My father for whatever reason decided to park the car on the street instead of in the drive way or garage WHERE IT BELONGS!!!! (some of you already know where this is going) At this point I've had the car only 2 months and already dumped over $13k in it.
So I get home anywhere from 1-3 am and walk up the stairs not thinking anything (because the car is suppose to be in the garage sleeping with her blanket on lol) I get to the top of the steps in my house and look down my street. These are my exact words. Oh $#!+ babe look at the hot a$$ STI down the block. Yea you guessed it, it was mine. I put my key in the door and decided to take one last look at it. Realizing wow that's the same color/visual mods done to the rear as mine. That's when it hit me. I ran over cursing up a storm almost got into a fight with the neighbor because it was so late. They pushed my car down the street with another car. I assume it was a jeep because that was imprinted in my rear bumper. And it led to a huge 6 month investigation from insurance. Damn statefarm. They thought I was trying to commit insurance fraud. So it sat at a shop for 6 months generated over $5k in storage which statefarm had to pick up thankfully.
So now it's been another 4 months in just paint and repairs. The car had $23k in damages. Statefarm didn't wana total out the car. Anyway to make a long story short the car is repaired and looks amazing again but I've been in a law suit for over 2 years now because the mechanic shop that the body used stole over $11k in performance parts. I guess they thought I wouldn't realize. Almost all my performace parts were taken and replaced with stock pieces. They took my FP green turbo Turbo XS UTEC withbmap selector switch Nismo 740cc injectors Perrin manifold Perrin downpipe HKS SSQV BOV and the list goes on. the only parts left were anything you could basically see from the outside. Intercooler exhaust etc. I have pictures and everything to prove my case and the lawyer says we will win no problem but a consumer fraud case drags out soooo long I'm tired of waiting. Anyway I'll date as I remember and post some pics soon.

Post number 96 has a pic of it. Need to add some updated pics of it.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...=158490&page=5

Last edited by BlkRS5; 03-31-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added a link.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they pushed it down the block? i am speechless.
did u found out or have any idea which douche bag did it?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope. Never did. I'll be the first to say Newark auto squad is useless. I don't wana bash Newark police too much because I'm in the process of becoming one but Newark police really is a horrible police force.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gammatnt I added more to the post and a link. Idk if you read all of it.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Dsamn dude, sorry to hear that. Hope your father apologized, I'm guessing the shop it was taken to you weren't familiar with. Good luck getting this all settled, will you rebuild the STi or just take the money and work on something different?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Idk I wana rebuild it because she's was my baby. My pride and joy. But I'm tempted to buy a 3.7L Genesis Coupe and turbo the $#!+ out of it.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly, stay with the Subi. The Genesis Coupe is underpowered for something as huge as a 3.7L engine. The previous car (Tiburon) had the same problem with a V6 that only put out 173 HP. It also looks like a BMW from the back and a Benz from the front. At least the STI doesn't have to copy other brands because of lack of creativity.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I had a drunk guy try to turn around in a cul-de-sac and hit my car, then back up hit the truck next to me, then drive off.

That was the last time I parked on the street, I started renting garage space afterwards ($150/mo.) and its been well worth the cost.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:37 PM
SL Member

That really sucks, im sorry
I'd sue the bastards for all they've got! Thank god you have pictures to prove it all.
Best of luck!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I probably will stay with the STI. They only good thing out of this case since it's taking so long and is a fraud case is that I'm looking at 3x what ever I put in. Soon I'll have my tC paid off and still have money to use for a down payment on a house.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks taniaaa. The outcome right now is in the $100k range. Just under I believe.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
SL Member

WHAAAATTT. Thats a lottta money to play around with
Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When are Police not useless? Sucks about the STI someone probably did it on purpose and then the shop like most shops was crooked as hell.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Taniaaa
WHAAAATTT. Thats a lottta money to play around with
Lol I know tempting. But no I've been saving up for a house. I know it doesn't look like it with all the money I splurge but I've actually saved up a good amount lol.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
When are Police not useless? Sucks about the STI someone probably did it on purpose and then the shop like most shops was crooked as hell.
I completely agree. I wana be a cop but not like these guys. I actually wana help people. And as for the shop I wonder if I can name them here. Is that allowed since we haven't gone to trial yet?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 PM
SL Member

That's awesome! And you're only 21?? I'm impressed. My buddy is 27 and buying his first house, but you win! hahaha
Old 03-31-2010, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

wth!!! someone actually had the ***** to push your car! that ____es me off lol. was it parked infront of your house or a neighboors house?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'd keep the shop name off for now, don't want them to come back with a libel counter-suit.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Taniaaa
That's awesome! And you're only 21?? I'm impressed. My buddy is 27 and buying his first house, but you win! hahaha
Thanks I don't really plan on moving out till around 24. I'll be 22 on the 14th so hopefully with in the next 2 years I can get a good enough amount. I can't really complain. For only being 21 I have a great paying job.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MeatRocket
wth!!! someone actually had the ***** to push your car! that ____es me off lol. was it parked infront of your house or a neighboors house?
I was so ____ed. Mostly because my subie said peej on it really big. Lmao jk. It was in front of my house.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
SL Member

What do you do?

Quick Reply: Just Venting... : (