Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Just Venting... : (

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mod-bug what kind of numbers were you putting down. Did you ever run a 1/4 mile.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:59 PM
SL Member

Nope, never ran the quarter. Too many things break when you go there I swear! FXT put down 294 awhp with the sti turbo swap on it and 368 with the FP Green at 21lbs of boost on 91 octane. I later had a tune/map made with 23lbs and race gas but never got it on a dyno. We suspect that it was probably close to 400 at that point as I blew my tranny and ended up with a dog box in it! Damn thing sounded like an rc car at that point. My wrx had the same set up on it but only ran 21 lbs on it due to the tranny. I did end up with an fmic though finally.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:02 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkRS5
Most of STI had perrin products on it. A bit pricey bit I thought it was worth it. I didn't wana cheapen out on a subie. Lol.
I had Perrin endlinks, sways, springs for a short period, oil catch can and tmic. The tmic was purchased from their test car when they swaped it to fmic. It had a small dent in the end of it but no impact on flow. I only paid $350 for it so it was almost a steel! I will agree though, pricing is up there.

My dream was a twin scroll gt40 set up on a fully built motor/tranny in my wrx but my old job (new back then) required that I take clients out and what not so taking them around in a race car just wasn't practical so the car had to go and I ended up with an I35. How frickn boring. Now I have the tc and while not fast, it is fun to drive.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:03 PM
SL Member

Instead of wearing all black, I wear all pink. SUPER STEALTH.

And then I get weird looks when I run out of the office.

SUPER STEALTH PINK NINJA FTW
Old 03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow that's pretty good. My sti reached 472awhp @ 26lbs. I had to lower it I was afraid I was reaching the max the engine was gonna hold. The tuner said the block would hold 500 easy but I some how doubt that. The only issue I had with my tranny was the linkage pin fell out twice.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow $350 for the intercooler. That's a steal. I paid $1300 for the fmic.

And taniaaa no one would ever see the pic walking out the door. You should try it next time lmao.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
SL Member

If I had an fmic on the FXT, I could have bumped the boost up to 26 but we would have to cut the bumper to hell and it would look like @$$ so I opted to not to. It kept things fairly stealth as far as Suby's go. I mean, there were/are a few FXT's hooked up around but everyone just assumed it just had an exhaust and maybe an sti turbo swap. Then BAM! You just got beat by a Grocery Getter! Wagon's ftw! I was even rocking the Wagon Mafia stickers on the rear windows! Man I miss that car. Definitely one of the stupidest car decisions I have made.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wanted a fxt before but it's hard to find a decent one that hadn't been modded. I would have loved to take pics with my STI next to it.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
SL Member

Here's a pic of mine the day before I traded it in at a meet. I slamed it down a little more for this meet since it was sort of its fairwell voyage. It was funny, we caravaned to the place and when we rolled in (20 some cars deep) everyone that was already there pretty much just jaw dropped. It was the only modded fxt there that day. You would have thought it was a damn skyline or something. Pretty funny. It was all stock minus the co's that were removed later that night. Even the tranny was swaped/sold.

Name:  f3ab5ef0.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  64.9 KB
Old 03-31-2010, 04:19 PM
SL Member

I searched all over for an 04 recently (when I was dumping the I35) and could not find one. All of them hand automatic trans in them. Just not worth it. I did find one but it had like 65k on it. I knew what I would be doing and I just didn't want something with that many miles on it.

You can really see how low it is in this pic. My buddies is sitting on STI pink springs.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 PM
SL Member

We are working on getting a little meet together this weekend for tc's and after looking at all these pics of my FXT, I am starting to not even want to go!

Dude, get that Suby back on on the road and come pick me up man!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn that looks good. If I don't keep my subie I might have to invest in one of those stealthy grocery getters.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When i get the check and the subie gets rebuilt I'll drop a gt35r in it and you'll be the first to see it.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:24 PM
SL Member

With all that money you might be getting you should get a GTR! Game over at that point.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:27 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkRS5
When i get the check and the subie gets rebuilt I'll drop a gt35r in it and you'll be the first to see it.
Sweet! My buddy (RIP Edwin) bought Phil from Element tuning (think Hydra) time attach WRX. That thing had a twin scroll GT40 set up in it. Wicked fast, quick, great handling...just the bomb!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Omg Id love a GTR. but the idea of owning my own house has been a dream of mine for awhile. Making what I make a year and don't pay rent I've got a pretty nice down payment saved. Aside from my bills being 3 credit cards (the devil) a car note insurance and phone. I'm pretty much good.

Last edited by BlkRS5; 03-31-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:33 PM
SL Member

By all means, buy the house! I love being able to say I own a house. Keep in mind, more bills come along with the house as well. Trust me, maintenance on a house is much more than a car for sure!

But what is the point of having a GTR if it has to sit out in a parking lot. I wish I was making that much when I was your age! I was in the Army back then and they ask for your life and pay you Shi7!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow props to you dude. I know 3 people in the military and sadly one died on Iraq. I've got alot of respect for you.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:38 PM
SL Member

I have/had a few friends that were lost over there. I am so glad I got out when I did. I was a Ranger back then and would have definitely been over there. Now I have my nice cushy gov job at the National Institutes of health and enjoy the benefits of being a GS13. Not the best paying job mind you but I have good benefits and my family is taken care of and that is what is most important for sure. Thanks though, it was a privelege to serve.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's crap dude. I hope all turns out well for you.

Quick Reply: Just Venting... : (