Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

This is kind of bugging me...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha you guys are hilarious. I am happy there is somewhat of a conversation going on here now though! I love hearing other peoples thoughts and opinions, opens my world to see more point of views! lol I LOVE driving stick !!! It IS fun! but I go to atlanta regularly, and well traffic is not always amazing, so I bought an automatic! My boyfriends car... is stick, and let me tell you .... lol I love driving it, and its okay, because he loves to drive my car so sometimes we'll trade ( but not lately... i've become obsessive compulsive about my new baby! ) lol I just got this car btw.

Originally Posted by neolusions
Well I drove auto's before, I prefer manual, and yes it is a fun factor. A lot of people I ran into that drive auto are sometimes intimated by manuals... if anything its a chance for me to get a hot girl in my car... and teach the ways of a stick... Manual or auto... a scion is a scion =P
.... I dont think I want any hot girls in my car haha
Old 11-05-2006, 06:42 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

I know a guy that lives around here that hate auto tc's. Just cause he is a manual he hates auto...
Old 11-05-2006, 06:50 AM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Automatics are cool when I want to eat my In & Out Double/Double and sipping on coke on ice while trying not to be late for work.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I chose an auto. I've driven stick, but with LA traffic, I'm happy with an Auto.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:54 AM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lowelcam
I chose an auto. I've driven stick, but with LA traffic, I'm happy with an Auto.
I once drove on the 405N from LAX to the valley... luckily I didn't have a gun or I would've blown my brains out.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i love auto's cause you have so much freedom and kinda stress out a lil less you know. but i also like the manual cause you control the shifts and what not. i love all transmissions, as long as then get me from point "a" to point "b"...so i'm no hater, well just when traffic hits, then i wish i had a auto
Old 11-05-2006, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

by the way things are goin true manuals will be extinct in about 10-15 years. I don't see Mercedes and BMW with true manuals on any of their newer cars. Lexus is headed in that direction as well.
I had no choice but to get an automatic, unless I got the i4 and could get the 5speed manual, but I'd rather have the power that comes in the V6.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ehj
Automatics are cool when I want to eat my In & Out Double/Double and sipping on coke on ice while trying not to be late for work.
which is one of many reasons people get in car accidents...not ripping autos cause there are some good auto drivers out there....
Old 11-05-2006, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member

i drive auto b/c i drove a manual civic for a year and like others have mentioned the traffic in the city is a pain i like driving maunual but for me it more of a weekend car not a everyday car if that makes sense
Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Kinda bugs me too reading some of these forums when people talk crap about autos... then again I just label them as being ignorant and full of themselves....

I drive an auto cuz they didn't have any manuals at the dealership at the time, and I didn't want to wait 2-3 months to get one exactly the way I wanted... but I think it's more fun dressing my baby up now than if it came with everything when I first bought it!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ehj
You're not a master at driving stick until you can do all that while talking on your cellphone and shaving at the same time.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol yeah.. about that
Old 11-05-2006, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
Originally Posted by ehj
You're not a master at driving stick until you can do all that while talking on your cellphone and shaving at the same time.
Don't forget posting on ScionLife as well while doing 90
Old 11-05-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Well you know that we ALL do that basically everyday, HAHAHA! I HAVE transferred music from my laptop to my ipod to play it in my car ... thanks to my amazing AUTO!!! I wanted an auto, BUT I would like to have a manual just for the days I feel like racing, you know? Maybe I need that sequential gearbox thing like in BMWs. Seems like a good mix.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love having automatics. I guess nobody had ever gave me crap about it. Every time I'm stuck in traffic I think about the times I was working the clutch every five feet and that sure makes me glad I'm in an auto.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well this is all so good to hear, and sure is boosting my esteem! lol thanks for all the positive input guys! and gals! :D

....... psssh Jovan I DO that every day ;) YOU KNOW HOW I ROLL hahahahaha ok. ( its cuz im blonde/brunette/ i dunno...) isnt it? lol
Old 11-05-2006, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nicole, you know how we roll!!! Woot! And yes, it's because you're blonde/brunette! Hahahaha!!! We're cool auto drivers anyways! (Everyone is just jealous of our talents)
Old 11-05-2006, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you've got the automatic and don't like the stereotype do the mod to shifter bezel and no one will ever know...
Old 11-05-2006, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Do the what? ... Is this something I am supposed to know about?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um yeah Jovan !!! hehehe JK

Quick Reply: This is kind of bugging me...