Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

The LAST Rattle, Squeak, Chirp...etc. Post

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default The LAST Rattle, Squeak, Chirp...etc. Post

I'll spare you my individual story but the bottom line is I've had the car for 1 month and I have the hatch rattle and a squeak/chirp in the center dash. Everyday I come on this site hoping to find THE fix, only to read post after post saying that the noises are still there. I for one don't want to waste my time bringing my car back to the dealership a million times. And I certainly don't want to start taking my brand new car apart on my own.

So why don't we unite? I'm sure we could get a massive petition together, send it to Scion every week until they acknowledge the problem. There must be someone with a law degree or some kind of background like that here. This is bull____. And I don't want to hear that it is only a $17K car. I had a Honda Civic before this that cost the same and didn't make a sound. But I do like this car better, but the truth is, I'll trade it in if we can't get these problems fixed.

SO instead of wasting more time posting fixes that clearly don't solve the problem, let's only post about going after Scion until they fix the problems for everybody. What do you think?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good
Old 09-17-2005, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My hope is for the guy who had his tC in the shop for over 20 days while they tried to find the hatch rattle. With a "sepecial" mechanic coming from Cincinnati to fix, there probably will be a TSB forthcoming regarding his fix for the "loose rivet". This dealer and this mechanic tried all the other fixes, even taking the hatch off.

This one has been very difficult for ANYONE to find/fix and we can tell by the upteen fixes just on this forum that have not been the true 100% fix.

Kevin
Old 09-17-2005, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

off subject---^^^ Terps fan living in VA?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member

I'm the guy who had his car in the shop for almost a month. Three days still no rattle. I'm enjoying my car again (left work early yesterday to wax it!). I wonder if many of the people who are complaining have even called Scion for a case number? I found no resistance what so ever on their part to rectify my problem, whatever it took, whatever the cost. If you sit and wait for something to happen it probably won't. Not all "fixes" come in the way of TSBs. Most Toyota service departments will do what they think they need to do to fix your car and when they run out of ideas Scion will give them some more. My case manager called me several times a week and a regional guy called me too. Very impressed with a company caring about the little guy...never did I think I was going to have to take my car back home with a rattle. If you haven't called 1-800-70SCION do so...it takes less time than posting a complaint here.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Banned
Scikotics
SL Member

I've done all that and they've tried to fix it at the dealer. Now they say there is nothing abnormal with my car and if I want to pursue it further I have to go thru arbitration and dispute settlement bs. I'm taking my car in to drive around the service manager to show him that , yes, there is some abnormal rattles and squeaks goin on in my car and I want them fixed By Toyota scion, I don't want to have to go thru arbitration for a year old 17,000 dollar car!