From the Article-

"But that is what a warranty is for, "
Old 11-17-2004, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cad455
no rattles here.

i'm thinking that all of these people with rattle problems spend too much time near redline (lots of vibration)

but yeah, you're expecting alot. it's a cheap car, built cheaply.

my friend's MKIV supra rattles too. no car is perfect.

just look for the rattles and do whatever you need to do to make them stop. take it apart, wedge some foam here, cram some rubber there, slap it back on and be happy with it.
I don't think it's built cheaply at all. It feels very solid to me. It think it's a first model year, and as such is bound to have a few bugs in it that need to be worked out. Just get everything fixed before your warranty runs out, and you should be fine.

Or you could go grab a six year warranty like I did... You expect a few minor problems with a brand new first model year car.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Don't think it is cheaply made. It is not like a Lexus but definitely a great buy for the money. Many have rattles. Take it back and get it fixed like your roof. Personally I think it is nicely made. The doors are long and heavy (good in case of accident). Knee air bags. Very good crash test ratings. (if it was made poorly, the crash test ratings would rate the tC very poorly).

The seats could be a little more comfortable. Other than the seats and an occasional rattle from the hatchback area, this car is great. And the price is very affordable.

Kevin

He didn't say POORLY made, he said CHEAPLY made. Major difference.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lucky
Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Don't think it is cheaply made. It is not like a Lexus but definitely a great buy for the money. Many have rattles. Take it back and get it fixed like your roof. Personally I think it is nicely made. The doors are long and heavy (good in case of accident). Knee air bags. Very good crash test ratings. (if it was made poorly, the crash test ratings would rate the tC very poorly).

The seats could be a little more comfortable. Other than the seats and an occasional rattle from the hatchback area, this car is great. And the price is very affordable.

Kevin

He didn't say POORLY made, he said CHEAPLY made. Major difference.
thanks for the backup =) yeah, i meant that they probably used cheaper construction techniques to "slap" them together, to pay less for labor, time, etc.

it's a wonderfully built car. very solid. they just probably cut corners when taking care of the small things, to keep costs down. so when they rattle loose, i'm not going to cry like a baby. i'm going to bust out some common materials, patch it up, and keep on driving with a big smile on my face =)

scion ho!
Old 11-17-2004, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I work for a fortune 500 Consumer electronics manufacture, all companies have a built in percentage of issues they anticipate. This is why companies offer warranties and not guarantees, Toyota is one of the highest rated in customer satisfaction within the first 90 days with reported new car issues. I think the number of customer issues vs how many cars have been sold would not add up to 1% of sales, though I am sorry it has happened with your car. I think you will find Toyotas effort to resolve them is sincere and genuine.

As to cost of the vehicle being under 20K does not necessarily relate to build quality, I anticipate the build quality and attention to detail on the TC as if it was a Camry or Land Cruiser.

I think you will finds that the more expensive the car the higher the complaints, this is due to the customers expectation level has been set very high by the companies selling them. If you researched customer complaints you will find that the big ticket cars fill the top lists.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: To Many Complaints For A Brand New Car

Originally Posted by RayDiz
obviously i have the scion tC. but either i have to many complaints or its just me expecting to much out of it? first of all we all know of the poping in the sunroof, i had that fixed. then i have rattling windows in the side doors. then i have rattling in the dash. i have an appointment to get all that looked at. then i also have a clicking everytime i switch gears. im going to get that looked at too. now im picky about noises in my car but my question is that, is it just me expecting to much or do others have the same stuff? do others have any other complaints????
remove the stick from butt, you are expecting to much. i had a 02 eclipse gs, a 95 eclipse Gst, and finally a camry, all of them had equal problems, and you should expect the same from a scion...just remember its a toyota.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Originally Posted by cad455
Originally Posted by dante
gee, since I don't have any rattles, I guess I should've gotten a GTI:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1035051&page=1

or an audi:

http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_35563.html

or a bmw:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/arc...dex.php/t-4988

or a lexus:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/02es300.htm

(2200 miles, no rattles, bumps, popping, clicking, squeaking or grinding. you want problems?? check out any american made SUV. THOSE owners have problems.)

nice footwork, well executed.

they must be all future tC owners....
That doesn't even make sense as a put-down.

If you're saying they are whining about nothing (professional reviewers, that is) you'd be saying there's nothing wrong with the tCs, just the owners. However, that would contradict what your long-time stance is that the tC is the worse car ever made.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
i remember an old saying ' don't buy a car in its first year, the bugs haven't been fixed yet'

yup yup

plus the design of the car would lead to these creaks and rattles. it has a full glass roof and hatch. and the the hatch lid goes all the way down to the top of the bumper. i had a 93 NX 2000 for 5 years with T - tops and liftback with no creaks or anything. but that car had better bracing built into the car. with all problems aside theres no other car i would want right now for the money :D
Old 11-17-2004, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: To Many Complaints For A Brand New Car

Originally Posted by metalranger33
remove the stick from butt, you are expecting to much. i had a 02 eclipse gs, a 95 eclipse Gst, and finally a camry, all of them had equal problems, and you should expect the same from a scion...just remember its a toyota.
Take head out of ___, like i said(again) i had a 93 geo prizm and no rattles or problems. that car cost me $1000. the tC was 19,700, i would definetly expect more but not more than a lexus or maybe camry but still more than geo, any eclipse. i just wont be satisfied until im satisfied. and im sure toyota will do their best.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just hate the little things because the little things are most annoying.well, in most cases.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Banned
SL Member

New cars no matter the cost should not rattle, and for some chance it does, they should fix the problem.
As per Nick, they will no longer look or try to fix his tc...thats wrong!
Old 11-17-2004, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, however it's not an issue with the car itself, it's an issue with the dealership. Precision Toyota in Tuscan, AZ apparently is unwilling to help Nick with his car.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so why hasn't this person notified the corporate offices?
Old 11-17-2004, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a lock story, do a search on Nick@AGP
Old 11-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Banned
SL Member

has others had the rattles fixed? And do the rattles return?
Old 11-17-2004, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
New cars no matter the cost should not rattle, and for some chance it does, they should fix the problem.
As per Nick, they will no longer look or try to fix his tc...thats wrong!
You are correct for the first time evar-

If I buy a $500 TV and the picture starts to fade in the first month I don't say "It's not a $10,000 Sony LCD- problems are to be expected"

That being said my tC is well built, and has no problems-
Old 11-17-2004, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I drove a 2004 Echo (rental car) and it was smoother and quieter than most other cars I've driven! And it's a 12k car!!

It's not a price thing, it all has to do with being the first year run. Next years model will be revised ... And whatever rattles can't be fixed can be attributed to design flaws.

-THE DON
Old 11-17-2004, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i havent had any problems with my tc at all. its got 6000 miles on it not one rattle. but you guys act like this is some life or death problem. if it is rattling and it cant be fixed, and you cant stand it then just buy a new car. i mean the tc is only like 16k even with most of the option i only paid 21k. anybody can afford that. just sell this one for what u can and go buy something else. cause complaining about it isnt going to get you anything.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member

Ditto Forevermore....
Just cracked 6000 and no rattles or any other problems.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency even within a particular brands product line or even by model when it comes to problems.
I owned a 1984 Celica that was still solid and virtually rattle free at 150K. A friend had a Supra of a similar model year (same chassis) and had lots of problems with rattles amongst other things. I still own a 1994 Integra. The car has never stranded me anywhere but have had to repair a lot of stuff that most other Integra owners that I know personally have not had to deal with ( radiator tanks cracked even though never over heated, master cylinder broken in first 3 years, A/C has been repaired numerous times, auto trans has always shifted weird, and more...).
The only constant seems to be that in general Japanese cars tend to have fewer problems that domestic.
Just my two cents...
Old 11-17-2004, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Forevermore
i havent had any problems with my tc at all. its got 6000 miles on it not one rattle. but you guys act like this is some life or death problem. if it is rattling and it cant be fixed, and you cant stand it then just buy a new car. i mean the tc is only like 16k even with most of the option i only paid 21k. anybody can afford that. just sell this one for what u can and go buy something else. cause complaining about it isnt going to get you anything.
We DO NOT act like if ts a life or death problem. If you get a rattle or anything you will find out that it is just really annoying and you just want to get rid of it, and not everybody can afford 16K. complaining WILL get you something because thats what we do when something is wrong, we go and complain and we get it fixed.

Quick Reply: To Many Complaints For A Brand New Car