Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

My headache...pic thread

Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tshock
The body kit needs to be killed with fire. At the end of the day your car is not worth as much as it was if you left it OEM.

Look on the bright side, the color looks good.
.....yes i know.....i didnt do it to keep value in it.

i have a lot of plans for it. i am actually heavily considering going back to stock body with the color i have now. depends on $$$ to paint - custom color does not come cheap.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dhj517
.....yes i know.....i didnt do it to keep value in it.

i have a lot of plans for it. i am actually heavily considering going back to stock body with the color i have now. depends on $$$ to paint - custom color does not come cheap.
It's an ill color for sure dude. The OEM body components will fit tighter and keep the car looking 100%. It's your $$$ though. I have modified a few cars/trucks in my day to the point of no return and looking back it just doesn't make any sense... at all. Keeping it meticulously maintained gets me off more than aftermarket junk these days. My 2 cents.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tshock
It's an ill color for sure dude. The OEM body components will fit tighter and keep the car looking 100%. It's your $$$ though. I have modified a few cars/trucks in my day to the point of no return and looking back it just doesn't make any sense... at all. Keeping it meticulously maintained gets me off more than aftermarket junk these days. My 2 cents.
g
thanks, the color took me forever to decide on and everytime i see my car im happy i 'created' it

i definitely jumped the gun on body mods. if i could i would go back and just stance, so i might try to undo my mess ups. maybe then when it comes time to sell the paint will catch someone eye on a stock body. unpaid internships make it hard to fix what i already started.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, I guess people's momma's don't teach them anything anymore these days. All I could see is all kind of hate. If you don't have anything nice to say then shut the F@ck UP!!! I swear all these people think you have to do things a certain way because they can't do their own thing. I've been in the import scene since the early 90's. I've seen many changes and stages of development and in sometimes (my opinion) step backwards. All these guys hating do remind me of all the Hondatech nuts that I stay away from. The scene went from imports being hated on by domestics to now we're hating on ourselves. WTF!!! My generation and those that followed worked hard to get the scene going. I hate how the Fast and the Furious ruined my beloved scene. Brought on all these wannabe's and know it all's to the scene. There are things I like and there are things I don't. But that doesn't give me the right to bash on people's ish. If they like doing things a certain way so be it. As long as they do it because they like it, and not to just fit in. I think some of these guys miss their Hondas. Don't get me wrong I miss the cars, market support, and low prices of Honda/Acura. But I don't miss the nutjobs that drive them (not saying all of them are either). I'm a Honda OG, but loved my Scion and the sense of community that it has. Well, except for those haters that love to preach and can't sh@t the F@ck up. You guys sound like self proclaimed JDM gurus who never even stepped foot in Japan. Just know what you read in a magazine. Just my $.02. Keep doing what you want DHJ57. Go to stance if that's what you like but don't do it for anyone else.

Last edited by jarvasdb1; 04-13-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: changes
Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

not bad i like the suspension work with scissor jack -__-
Old 04-14-2012, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks man, I definitely tried to make it original. my opinions of my car change daily so my plans do as well. hopefully i can do some fun stuff this summer.

Originally Posted by Ragu9000
not bad i like the suspension work with scissor jack -__-
Ya, since then I have gotten jack + stands + air tools and all that fun stuff. It was definitely some ghetto improv work but in the end it worked just fine and no one died