Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

New Member with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:13 AM

Default New Member with a few questions

Hi everyone, I just bought a used 2005 tC last week and I am trying to figure a few things out about it. I had a friend in school that had one, but shoot, that was almost ten years ago and tech has come a long way since then! LOL

1) I found out that the previous owner installed a Remote Starter, NO, I have no idea what kind it is, that is partially why I am opening this thread. Hopefully someone can tell me exactly how to tell what kind it is. I didn't realize it was a remote start until I started googling things and found out by accident what all those extra boxes under my dash were!

2) Where is going to be the best place to buy parts for my new project?

I just installed a new stereo last night and the last guy who had it already pre-ran all the wires I needed for an amp and sub, so that was installed last night too. Otherwise, I'm not going to lie to anyone, this is all new to me and I have just decided to take this project head on and saves some money rather then buy a brand new car!

ANY and ALL help is greatly appreciated by everyone and Thanks in advance from everyone!
Old 08-14-2017, 05:29 PM
SL Member

Some of the remote starts are hard to identify sometimes. Is there any sticker on the box wired in under the dash? You might have to open the box and get a pic of the board to trace the manufacturer down.