Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

OBX pedal covers and big feet

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member

Default OBX pedal covers and big feet

I'm 6' tall w/size 12 feet. I find that my left foot tends to hit the clutch arm instead of the pedal. I have to twist my left leg a bit or point my left foot in order to make good contact with the pedal... Does the OBX pedal piece replace the existing pedal or simploy go on top? (My though is that if it fits on top, it might keep my foot from hitting the arm.

I've found it much easier to drive sans shoes - especially when I'm wearing ones with big /wide soles.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It replaces the rubber on the pedal and goes on top.

Also perhaps try sitting further back?
Old 09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats not good, cuz im 6'1 w/size 13's in the foot department
Old 09-16-2004, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I have the obx pedals and they are great. The fit on them is perfect and they are comfortable. They don't slip off like some of the other after market ones.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm 6' with a size 11. I sometimes hit the pedal arm, even with the OBX covers. I sit kind of far back, and drive with my knee up a bit, and use my toes. Seems to work ok.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member

Default Seat back

I should have pointed out that I already have the seat slid fully back. I keep the rear of the seat as low as possible, with the front as high as possible. Also, taking off my shoes solves the problem nicely and allows me to slide the seat forward a couple clicks.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member

I am not that big, 5' 7", shoe size 9 1/2, but I also hit the pedal arm. I have the OBX covers and they don't help much. I don't feel like making adjustments, so I am just getting used to it. It doesn't bother me much but I do think that it is a poor design.

I think that part of the reason is that the pedal is closer to the floor than in most cars. With my heel on the floor, I hit the clutch pedal a little below the ball of my foot. The toe are of my shoe hits the arm. It should be redesigned by raising the pedal vertically or by putting more of a bend in the arm to get the arm out of the way.

A thicker pedal cover might help but the OBX cover isn't much thicker that the original.

Roy
Old 09-17-2004, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's odd. I'm 6'3" and wear a 14 shoe. I have only test drove the TC for ~10 minutes and I didn't notice a problem.

But, now I will go back for another test drive and verify that there's no problem before getting my name on the list.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-17-2004, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know about OBX pedals but I just got these:

They are Razo. They don't replace the OEM covers, they just go over them.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i bought the OBX covers today and found it utterly impossible to install the gas petal one... brake went right on... an hour later workn on the gas petal, i have lost 2 finger prints on my fingers from the rubber, one blood blister and a huge cut on my arm TIPS ARE APPRECIATED!
Old 09-22-2004, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcwannab
i bought the OBX covers today and found it utterly impossible to install the gas petal one... brake went right on... an hour later workn on the gas petal, i have lost 2 finger prints on my fingers from the rubber, one blood blister and a huge cut on my arm TIPS ARE APPRECIATED!
Use soap...I sprayed some soap on the OBX Pedals before installing them. And I also have a Silver Manual Set for sale for the xB/xA. I don't know if they will fit the tC. Here is the link: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...er=asc&start=0. I am selling them for $30.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by BlueScionXB
Originally Posted by tcwannab
Use soap...I sprayed some soap on the OBX Pedals before installing them. And I also have a Silver Manual Set for sale for the xB/xA. I don't know if they will fit the tC. Here is the link: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...er=asc&start=0. I am selling them for $30.
shameless plug i put windshield washer fluid on it and it only made my hands slip... im probably just gonna take it back to the dealer and have them do it so i save myself future injuries