Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

One problem with car!!!! Fellow tC owners please confirm

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the tC i test drove didn't have the radio installed so we were cruising with no sounds.. we didnt' hear anything wrong with the roof or otherwise. my initial guess is that some tC's either had the roof installed wrong or the glass wasn't made to specs. these things do happen, even with the best of cars. while doing research for my car, i read many reviews or used and new cars from owners, i always like to look at the lowest ratings and see what their problems were and these were cars with good reputation like toyotas and honda's so it does happen .. i just hope it doesn't happen to me .. if i hear a single creak on my tC when i get it i am def. goin back to the dealer.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been driving my tC all over town.. even through severe thunderstoms we've had the last few days... I couldn't pinpoint any particular sounds related to the car and no leaks...

I guess time will tell...
Old 07-04-2004, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aww crap.. you've cursed me...

I heard it today pulling into the driveway (slight bump).. driver's side.. glass breaking sound...

I know now that we've heard it, but any visual damage? I didn't see any.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Banned
SL Member

I am waoting till the bugs are out of the TC..they offered me 10K for my Xa with 2K miles on it and looking at the TC....I am not liking the back tires or the short hood....it looks so much differant in the daylight..... I think I will wait and keep my XA....LOL
Old 07-04-2004, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member

ok....well now i'm not as worried i guess. I'm still gonna talk to dealer when i get plates next week. one of you said you notice it when it's been in sun all day. today i had similar. after being in hot sun all morning it happened a few times driving around. now it's a bit breezy, much cooler and less humid and nothing. i think it's just a little stress creak probably having to do with the entire roof being glass - i would think there's not as much "flex" or room ro stress as opposed to a metal roof. it's not a "huge" deal - like as a annoying sound or anything, i just want to make sure it's not a big problem.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to me it seems like something in the sunroof, not the glas though. i was trying to fiddle around with the sunroof rails and it seemed to stop making the noise, it eventually came back though. worst case scenario, they fix it under warranty. i'm not too worried about it
Old 07-04-2004, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
I am waoting till the bugs are out of the TC..they offered me 10K for my Xa with 2K miles on it and looking at the TC....I am not liking the back tires or the short hood....it looks so much differant in the daylight..... I think I will wait and keep my XA....LOL
To each their own but IMHO there is no comparison between the xA and tC. The xA is a nice "commuter" 4 door car with little power but nice gas mileage. The tC is a two door coupe with much more HP and a much sportier look. No car will ever have ALL the bugs out. There is always something on a car that an owner will notice. A problem to one person is a slight inconvenience to another. I have heard complaints on $80,000 cars so I expect the tC to have something not exactly correct. If it is too big, then I will take back to dealer to fix (hopefully they can).

Kevin
Old 07-05-2004, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn it dude i didnt notice it till i read this post! oh well atleast the dealer will fix it
Old 07-05-2004, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like a design flaw.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bofa
Aww crap.. you've cursed me...

I heard it today pulling into the driveway (slight bump).. driver's side.. glass breaking sound...

I know now that we've heard it, but any visual damage? I didn't see any.
aww boo .. !! are you still hearing it? .. now i am really worried ..

has anyone brought theirs to the dealer and see what they said ?
Old 07-05-2004, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my noise is just a crack sound, like something is rubbing something else. i'll see if the hot, sunny day theory holds up today. It's been hot and sunny since i got the car, today is cooler and cloudy so we will see.

i just realized i haven't driven my wrx ONCE since i got the tC...funny stuff
Old 07-05-2004, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It feels like a thin piece of plastic (almost like a liner) between the headliner and the frame that separates the sunroof and the back glass panel... not too worried.. warranty!
Old 07-05-2004, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it was hot again today, but cloudy and it only cracked a few times compared to everytime i go over a bump on sunny days. by the time i get back in to scion it will be 2 weeks, i'm sure someone will get an answer before then. if not, then i'll post what i hear in this thread
Old 07-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
To each their own but IMHO there is no comparison between the xA and tC. The xA is a nice "commuter" 4 door car with little power but nice gas mileage. The tC is a two door coupe with much more HP and a much sportier look. No car will ever have ALL the bugs out. There is always something on a car that an owner will notice. A problem to one person is a slight inconvenience to another. I have heard complaints on $80,000 cars so I expect the tC to have something not exactly correct. If it is too big, then I will take back to dealer to fix (hopefully they can).

Kevin
I would rather buy a used BMW when i test drove the TC...sorry to say it looks thrown together....and even cheaper inside then the XA
Old 07-07-2004, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any updates on this yet?

I'm going to the dealer this weekend and will pose the question.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bofa
Any updates on this yet?

I'm going to the dealer this weekend and will pose the question.
i emailed scion and thet replied with some generic email. let me know what they say to you ?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member

No sound here just got my Scion Tc and have not heard anything take it to your dealership and have them check it out
Old 07-16-2004, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What’s up people contacted the my scion dealer talked to Sandy Osten she told me the car is to new so there is no fix they know about, but I am bringing it in tomorrow at 8:30 to have the service guy check it out. Ill let you know how it turns out.

Kaeon
Old 07-16-2004, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kaeon
What’s up people contacted the my scion dealer talked to Sandy Osten she told me the car is to new so there is no fix they know about, but I am bringing it in tomorrow at 8:30 to have the service guy check it out. Ill let you know how it turns out.

Kaeon
Yeah, let us know what happens. My scion service guy is waiting for a TSB to be issues and hopefully will do during my first oil change. I just don't want them trying to fix it without the TSB. They might screw something else up.

Kevin
Old 07-16-2004, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Kaeon[/quote]

Yeah, let us know what happens. My scion service guy is waiting for a TSB to be issues and hopefully will do during my first oil change. I just don't want them trying to fix it without the TSB. They might screw something else up.

Kevin[/quote]

I'm with Kevin. Once I know Scion has a TSB out on this, I'll feel much safer letting the technician "fix" it. I've had too many trips for service where I drive away with the same problem and have to keep going back until they finally figure out what's going on.

Quick Reply: One problem with car!!!! Fellow tC owners please confirm