Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeh but then they will have to fix that and give me some free gas :D

Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Originally Posted by Kaeon
What’s up people contacted the my scion dealer talked to Sandy Osten she told me the car is to new so there is no fix they know about, but I am bringing it in tomorrow at 8:30 to have the service guy check it out. Ill let you know how it turns out.

Kaeon
Yeah, let us know what happens. My scion service guy is waiting for a TSB to be issues and hopefully will do during my first oil change. I just don't want them trying to fix it without the TSB. They might screw something else up.

Kevin
Old 07-16-2004, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We recently purchased our tC. It has a creaking noise from the rear; we have noticed the most common time this happens is when the suspension is articulated (as when traveling over uneven levels of road surface. We believe it is associated with chassis flex. I would like to hear more from other owners to see if this problem is common. We have begun to design sway bars and upper/lower bars, we will post after we test with these items to see if our hypothesis is correct.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member

If you do some searching on this forum, you will see that this has come up before.

There are 2 screws/bolts on the front side of the Moonroof that aren't tightened properly (torqued enough). Depending on who you talk to at Toyota, this is a known issue. Toyota is in the midst of sending out an alert to all dealerships with the fix for this problem. In the meantime, if you contact your service center, and tell them about it and bring the car in, I'm sure they can make a few phonecalls and confirm this with someone from Toyota (if they really wanted to). It isn't the glass, but it's the front of the housing or something and since it isn't tight, there is more movement than intended or something along those lines.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tonester
If you do some searching on this forum, you will see that this has come up before.

There are 2 screws/bolts on the front side of the Moonroof that aren't tightened properly (torqued enough). Depending on who you talk to at Toyota, this is a known issue. Toyota is in the midst of sending out an alert to all dealerships with the fix for this problem. In the meantime, if you contact your service center, and tell them about it and bring the car in, I'm sure they can make a few phonecalls and confirm this with someone from Toyota (if they really wanted to). It isn't the glass, but it's the front of the housing or something and since it isn't tight, there is more movement than intended or something along those lines.
I have done exactly that - brought it into the dealer and told them to tighten the two bolts on the moonroof and the problem has not gone away. In fact, I think the cracking has become more consistent. It's such a scary noise when you hear it and it definitely sounds like it's associated with chassis flex as stated above. Hopefully a TSB will be out soon enough.