Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Ordered My tC: Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Ordered My tC: Interesting

Well I finally went down to order my tC today and I found it pretty interesting. I've never bought a new car before so I duno if it's expect for the people to try to scare you into getting a car.

So here's my first experience with Scion.

So I get there and start looking around. They had a few new tC's come in, one flint Mica was already sold (damn guy beat me by 2 hours). Then there was a sweet super white and a really nice azure pearl (looks really nice up close) that were waiting to be sold. Of course they had filled these up with everything (6 disc/ground effects/sport peddles/leather/ect) pushing the price up to almost $21k and well out of my price range. Of course they had 1 silver streak in the back with 'just the lip spoiler and mats' that they took me to see. First the lady mentioned she had a long day and needed a smoke so we walk over to look at the car. I talk about ordering an all stock flint micaone but according to her Scion plans on cutting the production of the tc's (to keep their value high) so my wait is unknown, she says maybe even 6 months before it would come in. Of course she says I'm lucky I came to her dealership since no others will even take orders now and if I want to wait the 6 months she'll at least be kind enough to order it for me . So we look at the car, I get in, love it of course. This is their last one on the lot under $20K but if I don't buy it tonight or put a down payment down and come in tomorrow it will be all filled up and over $20k like the others by tomorrow. Of course "silver is the rarest color, and everyone has flint mica, which is a girl color anyway" (can't believe she told me my favorite color was a girl color) So big pressure on me now, I guess. I ask if I can get one without the floor mats at all because I could find em cheaper online. Her response to this was most interesting, apparantly they wont even bring them in without mats, and that dealer who sells them (and other parts) online for cheap is "doing so illegally and Toyota is closing in on him right now, so you could get in trouble for buying 'stolen property' from him." So we get out and start to walk back, when she quickly runs back saying "Oh ____ I dropped my ciggarette in the car!" - I already decided to order one anyway. So I leave my $200 deposit there with her daughter who also works there who tells me, it should be in in 2 - 4 weeks.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on your new purchase. i remember when i got my car. i couldn't sleep the night before i picked her up.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

SSM is the rarest color
Old 02-27-2005, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I would say the Black Cherry or the Azure Pearl is the rarest. She was talking out of her ars the whole time I think.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that lady sounds like a crackpot, if she told me that i would get busted for buying stolen property on the internet and laugh at her, and i cant believe shed be smoking in a brand new car thats not even hers... weird
Old 02-27-2005, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha. I think everything she told you was a lie. It all sounded like BS to me. My dealer offered to take out the mats and even take off the spoiler if it was necessary for me to buy the car. Illegal to purchase accessories online? Another BS line. Personally I would of just walked out and went to another dealer. I have no tolerance for BS. Report her to Scion. And remember to give her all low scores on the survey.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

She said it was specifically the dealer selling them that was illegal, that Toyota didn't like that, or something. She said he priced them so low because he was listing them all as taken off of already sold cars.

She also said they couldn't take off the spoiler.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow. if i were you i would call scion customer care and report that dealership.

she's flat out lying to you and probably every other person that walks into that dealership.

don't let yourself and others be misinformed.

what location are you in btw? you should prob make a note of this in the dealer reviews.

anyway congrats on the purchase!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea she probably thought you were a sucka or she was probably trying to make her quota for the month.... dont get pressured..... get what you want....... there are always other dealerships.......
Old 02-27-2005, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm in Orange County.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Dealers are just bad as the devil when it comes to sales. They do/say anything to get some easy money off you period. They dont care about you after the deal is made. Of course there are a few exceptions.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that lady ought to be fired, if I am the dealer owner, she's killing my reputation and business...
Old 02-27-2005, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IWantAtC
I'm in Orange County.

i sure hope it wasn't the irvine location. almost sounds like tustin to me.

if you have any issues go to glendale or glendora.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member

I would order somewhere else. Once a liar, always a liar. (Who knows, she could have ordered your car with all kinds of upgrades and when it comes in, OOOPS,
"This is how they come stock now. That'll be $22K please.")

I had an experience at a dealer where they told me all the cars have to be ordered with floor mats. Pshhhh, yeah right. I contacted Scion Corp. through the 800 #. Took about 3 minutes on the phone... and the next day, the dealer calls back apologizing, telling me they'll order the car without the mats and that'll it should come in REAL soon. Mind you, I decided to go to another dealer (one that didn't lie to me).
Old 02-27-2005, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ahaah im actually glad u posted this, becuase the same exact thing happened to me. They had one superwhite manual transmission, but the only problem was as the salesman said "it has all the goodies in it" this means the car we bought was about 21k. we still got that car because it was so nice, but still they really didn't need to put all that stuff in it.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

WHat a load of bull____ she gave you. I'd report them to Scion. One of the biggest selling point of these car is the pure pricing and how you're the one whos in control of what you want on it, and then you got these crack pot dealers who have a deadline to meet so they order them in stocked up with a bunch of trumped up accessories, and try and force em on ya...I dunno, I'd report that dealership to Scion, thats just me.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Don't do business with this dealer. If she lied to you who knows how many other people at the dealership will lie to you. Here is what you do, first build 1 that you want on-line and print out the details. Take that to a dealership and tell them that this is what you want. Watch them place the order and get a printed confirmation of the model that you built, remember always get it in writing. Then put down your deposit and wait. Please report her and the dealership to 1-866-70-Scion. Garbage like that should not be tolerated. Oh, and by the way, Scion/Toyota is not cutting production on any car that they make, if you think about it that doesn't make sense. The company only has 3 cars and the more they sell the more their brand name gets out into the general public. "Keeping their value high", my ___. They are in business to make money and not to produce High value cars. What the hell was she doing smoking in a car anyway? This chick needs to be taken outside and Shot. Oh and buying accessories from the internet is "Illegal", sure just like buying anything else off the net is also "Illegal". What a load of Crap.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would not have done business with that dealer...silver the rarest color? ha, what a joke.
what kind of dealer smokes in a new car?
illegal? try wholesale distributor...

also, i believe that they should give the car to you without all the extras, none of that stuff is factory. only factory options are color, tranny, and side airbags. everything else the dealer puts on at the dealership. they should strip that crap off and sell it to you.
if they don't want to do business like that to you, go to a real dealer, not one that is unprofessional like that.
6 month wait? yeah right
Old 02-27-2005, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well even after all the BS I ordered it the way I wanted. If it comes in with mats I'll have them take them out. I don't know if I'm going to have to deal with the same person in the future though, if I'm still going to get a hard time then I will certainly report them.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think it was a cigarette she was smoking

Quick Reply: Ordered My tC: Interesting