2005-2010 [ANT10]

Passenger Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Passenger Window Issue

When I first brought home my tC the passenger window was not functioning properly. The passenger switch would operate the window up and down, but the auto up/down feature was not working. My driver's side switch did not operate at all. The light on the passenger switch would constantly blink, as if to say "hey something is wrong here". Today, I noticed the light was no longer blinking, so for the hell of it I hit my driver's side switch, and BAM, the window went auto down. Tapped it again for up, and it auto up'd. Get to work and test the passenger switch, and its working. So I called the dealer to talk to them, as I already had an appointment to take it in next week, and they didn't seem to have an explination, but told me to just not worry about bringing it in, as it would be pointless to try and track the problem down without it actually malfunctioning.

So what I was wondering, have any of you guys experienced a similar problem, or have any explination as to how or why the window magically fixed itself?
Old 12-21-2004, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member

Default crazy ishhh...

I had some major engine trouble wth my scion Tc after I bought it, and so I took it in to get fixed.

when I picked it up, on the way home I noticed the passenger side window didn't work, almost exactly the way you described...

i.e. the passenger switched worked, but not the drivers side...

I was ____ed.... when I got up the next morning to take it in, everything worked okay... and I haven't had any trouble since.

weird... but it all works now....

~grey
Old 12-21-2004, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

listen ... i had the same problem when i installed my remote start ... if you look closely at your control **** for the winodw there is a little green light on it. If the little green light is blinking do this. get out your owners manual, and in the index search power windows. or something affilliated with that. when you have that go to the page and read something that states about your window prob. its gonna say something about noramlizing your windows, having to turn off the car or something like that. Just follow the instructions. if your light is not blinking then i dont know what the prob is. try it anyways i guess
Old 12-21-2004, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

o wait .. i didnt finish reading your thing until now ... its all computerized. Your whole car is like 90% computerized. and sometimes thing malfunction due to something wrong with e car. When i did my remote start everything wasnt working. i mean only windows wise. the sunroof and the wide windows. But i fized them due to reprogramming thm over again. when you took it to the dealer they prob kille dthe battery and put it back on for some reason
Old 12-21-2004, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member

i had the exact same problem with only the passenger side window. after 2 days it suddenly started to work, no problems ever since and now i have over 7000 miles on it so dont worry!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: crazy ishhh...

Originally Posted by greymattr
I had some major engine trouble wth my scion Tc after I bought it, and so I took it in to get fixed.

when I picked it up, on the way home I noticed the passenger side window didn't work, almost exactly the way you described...

i.e. the passenger switched worked, but not the drivers side...

I was ____ed.... when I got up the next morning to take it in, everything worked okay... and I haven't had any trouble since.

weird... but it all works now....

~grey
BTW, what was your MAJOR engine problem? And what did Scion do to fix it?

Kevin
Old 12-21-2004, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rolstc
o wait .. i didnt finish reading your thing until now ... its all computerized. Your whole car is like 90% computerized. and sometimes thing malfunction due to something wrong with e car. When i did my remote start everything wasnt working. i mean only windows wise. the sunroof and the wide windows. But i fized them due to reprogramming thm over again. when you took it to the dealer they prob kille dthe battery and put it back on for some reason
Dealer never saw it. Wasn't scheduled to go in until NEXT week. That's why I didn't know what the hell fixed it. I will read the manual tonight, and see what it says, maybe I inadvertantly fixed it somehow.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by kix0102
i had the exact same problem with only the passenger side window. after 2 days it suddenly started to work, no problems ever since and now i have over 7000 miles on it so dont worry!
Same thing with me, just started working, was weird as hell.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It sounds like when you first got the car, the dealer disconnected the battery at some point and forgot to reset the window controls. After reconnecting the battery, the driver/passenger side window and the moonroof controls have to be reset.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you read your owners manual about this it shows information in it. Because the windows have the jam protection they have to be programed. If you lose power (battery disconnected or fuses removed) then you have to reprogram it. In the manual it said to roll the window halfway down, then up all the way after the window is up hold the button for another second to program the jam protection.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
If you read your owners manual about this it shows information in it. Because the windows have the jam protection they have to be programed. If you lose power (battery disconnected or fuses removed) then you have to reprogram it. In the manual it said to roll the window halfway down, then up all the way after the window is up hold the button for another second to program the jam protection.
Yea, I saw that in the manual. Obviously my friend must have inadvertantly done this. At least I know what the deal is. He may have known and fixed it for me since he builds Toyotas at the plant near here. Oh well, at least we know the problem and solution now!

Thanks!

:D
Old 12-22-2004, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just roll both windows down halfway at the same time (use there own switches)
Then roll them up at the same time holding the switch up for about 2-3secs after windows is all the way up.

It should have reset itself. Pretty easy to do yourself, some say you need another person but I did it???
Old 06-28-2005, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41651