Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

powder coating

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default powder coating

hey guys, if anyone needs anything powdercoated let me know. i have been powdercoating for 3 yrs now and i can do pretty much anything you send me. rates are:
wheels ($50/ea)
valve covers ($30) or ($50 polished)
i do alot of rims and frames and other things for guys on honda-tech.com i have a huge vouch list. i just got done with a set of rims of a 350Z. i can get any color you want, from metallics, flats, gloss's, and i can anodize. you pay shipping to me and back to you. turn around is 3-5 days depending on what you need done. message me or email me. thanks guys! some of my work:, , from this to this,
Old 08-03-2005, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

I'd like to get the plastic peices on the center part of my tC colored...maybe a candy color red?

can you do that? if so, let me know what i need to do. i've never torn my car apart before....so if there's a tutorial on how to safely take off those plastic peices, i'd appreciate a link. Thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Can't powder coat plastic. Plastic would not survive the heat involved with powder coating.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you cant powdercoat plastic. try home depot and buy some paint. as for the powdercoating my rims are at my local place right now being done glossy black. cant wait.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was told by a local powdercoater to do my stock tC wheels black would be like $600

ill PM you later today.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Where are you located?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give an address of where i can send my stuff i want done
Old 08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max
Where are you located?
sandy, utah. my dad has a studio at his house that we got a kiln built into (so i can do my powdercoating) the reason my prices are alot cheaper than buisnesses is because i dont have the overhead they do (i.e. employees, building rent, and high bills) and because i want to hook alot of people up so they will in turn tell their friends. so let me know guys, im excited to work on wheatever you want. and to the guy above, no you cant powdercoat plastic, but i can paint it for you. the owner at the motorcycle dealership i work for , pays me to powdercoat wheels, frames, pegs, and a ton of other things on his showroom floor. keep in touch guys, i also fix curbing in rims too
Old 08-03-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by halfbreed
Originally Posted by Max
Where are you located?
sandy, utah. my dad has a studio at his house that we got a kiln built into (so i can do my powdercoating) the reason my prices are alot cheaper than buisnesses is because i dont have the overhead they do (i.e. employees, building rent, and high bills) and because i want to hook alot of people up so they will in turn tell their friends. so let me know guys, im excited to work on wheatever you want. and to the guy above, no you cant powdercoat plastic, but i can paint it for you. the owner at the motorcycle dealership i work for , pays me to powdercoat wheels, frames, pegs, and a ton of other things on his showroom floor. keep in touch guys, i also fix curbing in rims too

You mention "Motorcycle Dealership"? Any Used CBR's (600) for sale? Older models.
E-mail me if you do. - qbnlykwhoa@comcast.net
Old 08-03-2005, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hitm@n
Originally Posted by halfbreed
Originally Posted by Max
Where are you located?

You mention "Motorcycle Dealership"? Any Used CBR's (600) for sale? Older models.
E-mail me if you do. - qbnlykwhoa@comcast.net
I second that.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LucidBD
i was told by a local powdercoater to do my stock tC wheels black would be like $600

ill PM you later today.
F-ck dont pay more than $75 a rim to get it done. $600 is outrageous.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude i have a curbed rim.. its a bronze.. actually the lip is bent up a lil because of a pothole.. how much for that?>
Old 08-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Banned
SL Member

back up guys still goin strong, let me know what you want/need done. replied to many pm's, waiting for replies.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill be intouch soon. trying to find a set of Stockies that someone will will give away and ill pay shipping. so that i can keep mine on and get those done by you.

Yokillr: your sig should be a bumper sticker.