Questions about the tC

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:10 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Questions about the tC

In the 6 weeks I've had my tC, I noticed that it doesn't have daytime running lights. I just find it odd since my older Corolla, older and cheaper car, had them and a car like the tC doesn't.

Also, I have the security system and on nearly every Toyota I've been in, once you put the car in gear, the power locks activate and lock the doors. Mine doesn't do that. It doesn't have that feature or do I need to program my alarm?

This maybe an Apple issue, but when I play my iPod, it doesn't show the songs in artist or title order. However, when I open iTunes, it shows that they are in order.

I also hate it how I have to furiously turn the **** to navigate thru my 25gb of music. On the click wheel, the faster your run your thumb, the faster the music scrolls. On the tC head unit, it doesn't make a difference. I feel like the **** might pop off.

I'm happy with the sound, great highs and bass (stock 6.5in sub). However, I feel that the mid bass is weak. Do you guys notice this too?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

The scion tC has auto off lights.. i never turn off my head lights.

and about the ipod thing.. Not sure but on MP3 cds etc you have to give the tracks a title yourself
Old 09-21-2006, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

do you really want daytime running lights? personally i'm not a fan of them so i'm glad the tc doesn't have them. and i have no comment on the ipod issue since i never had my stock head unit in very long and i hate ipods.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Questions about the tC

Originally Posted by ehj
Also, I have the security system and on nearly every Toyota ?
is it the stock alarm on the rs 2 or you ordered a new alarm?

This maybe an Apple issue, but when I play my iPod, it doesn't show the songs in artist or title order. However, when I open iTunes, it shows that they are in order.
ok so i have the 1g nano so havent got too many songs to choose from, but, you should be able able to play in artist or title order by scrolling on the playlist menu.. read the manual.. i usually play by artist and it goes down alphabetically..

I also hate it how I have to furiously turn the **** to navigate thru my 25gb of music.......... I feel like the **** might pop off.
i know.. i just set up smart playlist that segregates songs.. coz even with 1 gig its gonna be hell turning the **** and remote controls on the steering wheel..
Old 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You can leave your lights on all the time...don't even worry about shuting them off because when you open your door they turn off. i love that feature....no annoying beeping noise like my previous cars hehe....