2005-2010 [ANT10]

RS 5.0 TRD Release Series Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vwvSTATICvwv
Hopefully my fellow RS5 owners can answer this for me. Ok so i work for Toyota and my boy is the Scion "manager". Anyways, he released this car for me from port last Thursday. I have the VIN and have tracked whats happening with it as far as delivery etc. Now, the specs from the comp, while still at port, is showing that the car has the Pioneer NAV & few other things i forget at the moment. So my boy looks at it & says, "Wow, i didn't know the RS5 has the NAV?" etc etc. I said bro that's got to be a mistake. He said no, that the top half section we're reading is the base model. Second half is what they're installing at port and finally all the TRD mods.

I also saw 7speakers + sub. Is that standard now? I own a 06 so that's news to me
No RS 5.0 comes standard with Navigation, that's a $2000 option, for what's included for the RS go to scion.com/rstc. I think the sub is included standard with 2008+ tC and iPod connectivity.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

toyota installed the sway bar on the street setting. if you want a better feel from the car switch it to "race".
Old 06-18-2009, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I bought my TRD TC early may. I think it was 592 or something like that. Cant remember what the number is because I had to deploy.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the replies. Yea everything is ok now, the misprint was changed at port. They had the RS5 mixed with the XD RS2.
How long did it take everyone to receive their cars? It's been @ port for a week now. The location is our dealer code but port process is still not complete. My friend tells me it's cause they put some of the TRD parts on there. Is this true?
Honestly, i can't believe im even waiting this long for a TC...It's not like this is 2006 when they were in high demand & you had to wait months. *shrug*
Old 06-18-2009, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some options they do put on at port so that will slow the process down.

When I bought my car I wanted to add the CF dash kit and they told me that I would have to order the car and it would be put on at the port and it would take a month.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They probably are installing the TRD parts, but IMO that shouldn't take a month...2 weeks at the most. I waited a month for my white TC a few years back but the car isn't in high demand like it was back then. My whole thing is that im trading mine in to lease the RS(long story of why im getting rid of it) but yea i got my insurance waiting on this car(they're extending my payment til this tuesday) & im trying to get the new one before the car payment of this month is due.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why lease on the RS5??? Also I didn't order mine, I went to the dealership to check out the one they had in April but was automatic. Went back again after my car got out the shop and told them find me an RS5 with a manual transmission they've got a sale(and my car to trade in). They searched and found 2 but had port add-ons, I was like "there's none with no options?" and found one. I put a deposit of $200 to show that I was ready to buy and had the car Tuesday(deposit made Friday before). Went in at like 5 in the evening and about 1hr 1/2 later paperwork was done and new owner of an RS5 on Cinco de Mayo.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:38 AM
SL Member

Default #529 of 2000 (Release Series 5.0)

Just picked up #529 in Newburgh New York last night. Only a few dealers here in Connecticut were getting them so far, and none has them to the point of yesterday... So I drove the short distance to get this car
Old 06-19-2009, 01:41 AM
SL Member

Thanks for the replies. Yea everything is ok now, the misprint was changed at port. They had the RS5 mixed with the XD RS2.
How long did it take everyone to receive their cars? It's been @ port for a week now. The location is our dealer code but port process is still not complete. My friend tells me it's cause they put some of the TRD parts on there. Is this true?
Honestly, i can't believe im even waiting this long for a TC...It's not like this is 2006 when they were in high demand & you had to wait months. *shrug*

I called Tuesday 6/9/09 and the dealer made me aware he was getting 2 release series models. Was getting 1 but some talking I guess got him 2. He expected arrival by Monday 6/15 but it came in from the port in New Jersey on Wed 6/17... Seems as it can take a little bit if the dealer doesnt have it yet.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by SciontC_RS5
I am not sure I will ask around.

Does anyone else have a problem with paint chipping? I have 27 chips on the front bumper and over 15 on the hood. Chips not just in the clear but through the Paint.
hey, you should think about getting the front end mask. I have it on my '07 BSP because i was sick of getting chips and wanted to stop the process before it got really noticeable and suprisingly it looks really good on the black paint, plus it goes up a fair distance on the hood too. it wont work with a body kit though if you wanted that.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:50 AM

I ordered mine from the port on Saturday, and it is due to arrive tomorrow! Can't wait! First new car I have owned and I love it already.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I called on Monday may 4 to see if they had one. They said they had one at port and I would have to put a deposit for the car. They said it would be there in 3 day or so. I told them I was going to trade in a car for it and that I would sign the paper work for it. I did half the paper work for the car that day since my wife was not with me. Tuesday I went back with the wife to finish the paperwork. I saw that the car was sitting there waiting for me.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
Why lease on the RS5??? Also I didn't order mine, I went to the dealership to check out the one they had in April but was automatic. Went back again after my car got out the shop and told them find me an RS5 with a manual transmission they've got a sale(and my car to trade in). They searched and found 2 but had port add-ons, I was like "there's none with no options?" and found one. I put a deposit of $200 to show that I was ready to buy and had the car Tuesday(deposit made Friday before). Went in at like 5 in the evening and about 1hr 1/2 later paperwork was done and new owner of an RS5 on Cinco de Mayo.
I'll try to keep it short lol....Basically the dealer i got my white TC from a few yrs back talked me into an extended warranty & whole bunch of crap which made the price of the car about $29,000. So i've been paying $450 a month for a freakin TC! I'm leasing this one because i'll be paying $370 a month for 3yrs and i can walk away from it without having to worry about trade in value and by then the new body style should be out. So of course the value of an 09' will be rockbottom!
As far as money down on this one, i didn't think i needed to in order for them to just get the car. I mean, i work there and my salesman is a friend of mine. In my dealerships defense, they're not "big" on Scions and don't push them like a lot of other Toyota places i know. He did get me the VIN by calling his contact @ port in the beginning of the week....Im just curious as to why the car is still sitting at port after a week? He said he's getting 2 RS5's, one auto & one manual.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol has ANYONE modded an RS5???

I noticed the level of mods has STEADILY decreased as more Release series models come out.

A few RS 3's, hardly ANY RS 4's, and no RS 5's as of yet
Old 06-22-2009, 01:04 AM

Hey guys new on here. My name is Brent and I just took delivery of my RS 5.0 #1585 yesterday! So far it only has 20miles on it had to drive it off the lot to work pretty much haha. Absolutely love the car so far though. Just put a short antennae on, but I have a lot more plans for this bad boy as soon as I get the chance.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by checho10

I noticed the level of mods has STEADILY decreased as more Release series models come out.

Im not doing anything either but mine is a lease so.....
Im probably just going to put 10% tint, 2K antenna, my K&N intake and possibly my sub system.
How is that lil 6" 35watt sub they added?
Old 06-22-2009, 01:52 AM
SL Member

I love my car so far.. Have 180 miles on it.. RS TC #529. No RS comes w/ navigation to again clarify it up that someone else mentioned. The sway bar is installed but yet to test it out to see how it really works, haha.. Took me a week to get it after putting deposit down. Seems as Scion has started to get these RS models for 09 out this month so they are still in the process. Those who put a deposit down, be patient, give the dealer a week if they dont have it already. Its all well worth the wait. The stock stereo is great for what it is compared to any other car out there day's stock stereo. Had the spoiler put on by the dealer, wrapped up in the finance (Actually I got mine for free because the dealer gave me $500 off the car which is really - Spoiler for free). Scion is tough to negotiate with and I started some sort of negotiating with the base model TC non RS model... Because I was driving an hour and a half to buy the car over in new york, the dealer was interested in my business. I guess I got away with a good one! All in all, car came out to $28,000 - the $4000 down payment = $24000 for the car... interest is only $4,000 over 6 years.. brings my payment to around 336 a month for 72 months. I will be paying off a a year earlier, in 60 months, just wanted to stretch it out to make the payments lowest possible incase I run into trouble down the road and couldnt do 370 a month every month...
Old 06-22-2009, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by checho10

I put my Agency Power Exhaust on the car last week, still undecided on what next. The link on my sig is from when I had it on my BSP Spec Package.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey whassup fellas!!!...... I picked up my RS5 last week and love it, already have some mods planned and on the way. Oh yea and by the way I have #1 of 2000... Yup number 1

Quick Reply: RS 5.0 TRD Release Series Roll Call