Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

rubbed my bumper on anther car the other day

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default rubbed my bumper on anther car the other day

yesterday when I was leaving work, there was an accident in the parking lot. In order for me to leave my parking space I had to go around it because my normal path was blocked. I looked through my mirrors and all and everything was clear... I started to reverse and boom, I hit a parked car. Very lightly. Did no actual damage but it did scrape the paint off some of the bumper!! I swear the parking lot at work is too damn small. Ive been so mad at myself. I checked all around me and still somehow didnt see that little honda. Oh well, the guy was cool, he wasnt worried about his car, he told me not to worry about a thing. So all i have to do is fix my car. I took it to the dealership and they wanted almost $600 to touch up the scratches... I thought that was rediculous, their estimate sheet showed that they have a total of about 18 hours labor involved in the bumper(takes about 3 days too they said). I took it to our local Touch Up Masters, whom the lexus dealership takes some of their cars to, and they are going to charge me $135 and will be done with it the same day. My appointments on tuesday, and I cant wait... the bumper burning a hole in my head. I cant help but stare at it and everyone else says that its really nothing. Im in a rush and rambling, but Im sure you all know what I mean... even the smallest inperfections seem like total disasters when your car is brand new
Old 04-30-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, my last vehicle was a truck, it was lifted and had a few small dents but i got over (wasnt easy but i had no money to fix and knoew it wuld happen again) it. I used it mostly to go off road and all. anyways its a big adjustment now cause now im always paranoid about sctacthes. its good that its only gonna cost ya $135 tho!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member

Default Bumper damage

Last week I hit a HUGE raccoon, damn raccoon ran off okay but I looked at my bumper and it was squished in, grill was popped in and the a/c pipe was wedged in my radiator. It also made a nice dent in the frame inside grill. (not visible unless you looked through grill) Took to body shop, they wanted $500 to pop out bumper and paint that piece of metal. WHAT!!! I was so mad I just left. I drove up on a curb and hand popped the bumper in myself and took the ac pipe out of the radiator. The grill also just popped back in. It wasn't too bad. Couldn't even tell anything happened. I still need to get some touch up paint so the metal thingy won't rust out.
Car is only one month old and that is what hurts the most.
I didn't know raccoons live in cities! Hope the big guy is okay and didn't die later.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not sure i follow you here... you hit the racoon, but it ran off fine. yet it caused so much damage to bend a pipe..?? wow, that must have been some super racoons you have in your city. what city do you live in again? i'm not visint there on one of my road trips.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member

Default Raccoon

Yeah, no blood, and no limping. I followed it in an alley and it seemed okay. It was with another coon and they were chirping away. It looked at me and then ran off into the trees. May have died later of internal injuries. Ugh!! Sorry Mr Raccoon but please don't run into the road especially from behind a parked car. (35-40mph road)
If I was driving my truck, the raccoon would have been flattened.
Oh, the city is Tacoma, WA. They have big rats too.

The pipe is really bendable by the way. I bent it back with my own hands and I am a weakling.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by happyfestivous
Last week I hit a HUGE raccoon, damn raccoon ran off okay but I looked at my bumper and it was squished in, grill was popped in and the a/c pipe was wedged in my radiator. It also made a nice dent in the frame inside grill. (not visible unless you looked through grill) Took to body shop, they wanted $500 to pop out bumper and paint that piece of metal. WHAT!!! I was so mad I just left. I drove up on a curb and hand popped the bumper in myself and took the ac pipe out of the radiator. The grill also just popped back in. It wasn't too bad. Couldn't even tell anything happened. I still need to get some touch up paint so the metal thingy won't rust out.
Car is only one month old and that is what hurts the most.
I didn't know raccoons live in cities! Hope the big guy is okay and didn't die later.
I think you hit a Gremlin or something.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: rubbed my bumper on anther car the other day

Originally Posted by ReznorTC
even the smallest inperfections seem like total disasters when your car is brand new
yea EXACTLY, last week when a ____in flyin rock (on the freeway) cracked my 18" Chrome rims and damaged my tires in my brand new Scion tC, i was like WTF ?! And then i gotta my car and yelled like a idiot lol....