Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

so i just got flashed...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where's a picture of Rowan Atkinson flying by one of those cameras in his Alfa Romeo playing the part of Johnny English when you need it.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can the Red Light cameras get you in trouble for making a U-turn on the Intersection when you can't make a U-turn on that intersection? I think it can't because it's not suppose to do anything else except catch red-light-runners.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

basically the camera operates when your vehicle gets to the first line upon entering the intersection. if your vehicle was captured with a red light before you entered the intersection, it will take a picture of your car again passing through it and also a picture of the driver. the pictures taken by these cameras are reviewed to make sure that your vehicle has not already crossed the first line before it turned red, meaning you did not violate any laws, except probably speeding to beat the light. if this was the case, the city will throw it out and you won't get a ticket in the mail.

throwing out these tickets is not as easy as everyone says. your story will be discarded no matter how good it is if the pictures cannot prove it. if you do get a ticket in the mail, i suggest to just pay for it and go to traffic school. remember if you try to fight a ticket and lose, you will not be given the opportunity to go to traffic school. therefore, higher insurance rate and the ticket will be in your record for 3 yrs. (correct me if im wrong but i am almost 100 percent sure on this).

good luck..
Old 05-16-2006, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by crunchytc
...sitting here stressing over a $350+ ticket and insurence cost really sucks.
Hey Crunchytc, the auto insurance company I work for, like most insurance companies, actually rarely run an MVR (Motor Vehicle Report). They order one when you purchase the policy, and sometimes dont order another one for a year or two, or even more. The insurance company has to pay for each MVR so they (the insurance company) dont order them very often. most importantly ***Do not call your insurance company and tell that you you got a ticket and want to know how much it's gonna cost!*** this will make the insurance company order your MVR when the policy renews and adjust your rates accordingly. Most companies do not add (or remove) a surcharge foe a ticket/accident during the policy period, they wait and adjust the rates at the renewal. Hope this info helps.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least we don't have speed cameras...just yet. Speed cameras are all over Europe. Hated by Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear.

Browse through:
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/index2.htm
Old 05-17-2006, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The evil French once experimented with harmonic speed control. They were going to plant these transponders in road that communicated with the cars. If you drove the car the right speed, you would be rewarded with pleasant harmony. if you didn't, it would make random sounds that would make ashlee simpson cringe. Now that's just plain evil.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
This is why in some countries the yellow will start to flash before it turns red.
in parts of China they have numbers counting down signalling both how long the green is going to last, and also how long the red is going to last. can't help but think that it'd make THE perfect drag-racing traffic lights in the world.